Some tips on how to create a feature

Cristiano Gavião
Hi,  could someone point me to a complete example project that shows me
how to create a feature ?

  I'm trying to figure out it reading the doc page
(http://karaf.apache.org/manual/2.1.99-SNAPSHOT/developers-guide/features-maven-plugin.html)
but I couldn't yet.

thanks

Cristiano

Re: Some tips on how to create a feature

adrian.trenaman
Hi Christiano,

I've just posted up some code I'm using for a Webinar on Thursday on
'Securing CXF Web Services with SSL/TLS and WS-Security'  and it's got a
concise enough features project in it.

You can get the code at from the GIT repository at
http://sparks.fusesource.com

If you're interested in attending the webinar, the link for the EMEA
session is http://tinyurl.com/3v9fb3q and for the US session is
http://tinyurl.com/3m65n34

Enjoy!

Ade

On 05/04/2011 23:09, Cristiano Gavião wrote:

> Hi, could someone point me to a complete example project that shows me
> how to create a feature ?
>
> I'm trying to figure out it reading the doc page
> (http://karaf.apache.org/manual/2.1.99-SNAPSHOT/developers-guide/features-maven-plugin.html)
> but I couldn't yet.
>
> thanks
>
> Cristiano

Re: Some tips on how to create a feature

David Jencks
iMO the realistic options are to write it by hand or to use karaf 3 (which is under rapid development in this area)

Examples of karaf 3 features are (in karaf) assemblies/features/framework (this constructs a kar file that is the contents of a minimal karaf server; it's turned into  a server in assemblies/apache-karaf-minimal)

and (in my geronimo sandbox at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/djencks/txmanager)  the org.apache.geronimo..... projects which construct a couple features to try out the karaf-maven-plugin.  Here, there's also a sample server that deploys these features.

I didn't understand the karaf 2.x feature doc either.

thanks
david jencks

On Apr 5, 2011, at 2:09 PM, Cristiano Gavião wrote:

> Hi,  could someone point me to a complete example project that shows me how to create a feature ?
>
> I'm trying to figure out it reading the doc page (http://karaf.apache.org/manual/2.1.99-SNAPSHOT/developers-guide/features-maven-plugin.html) but I couldn't yet.
>
> thanks
>
> Cristiano

Re: Some tips on how to create a feature

Cristiano Gavião
Hi Ade,

I'll take a look... thanks

Cristiano

On 05/04/11 18:16, Adrian Trenaman wrote:

> Hi Christiano,
>
> I've just posted up some code I'm using for a Webinar on Thursday on
> 'Securing CXF Web Services with SSL/TLS and WS-Security'  and it's got
> a concise enough features project in it.
>
> You can get the code at from the GIT repository at
> http://sparks.fusesource.com
>
> If you're interested in attending the webinar, the link for the EMEA
> session is http://tinyurl.com/3v9fb3q and for the US session is
> http://tinyurl.com/3m65n34
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Ade
>

> On 05/04/2011 23:09, Cristiano Gavião wrote:
>> Hi, could someone point me to a complete example project that shows me
>> how to create a feature ?
>>
>> I'm trying to figure out it reading the doc page
>> (http://karaf.apache.org/manual/2.1.99-SNAPSHOT/developers-guide/features-maven-plugin.html)
>>
>> but I couldn't yet.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Cristiano

Re: Some tips on how to create a feature

Cristiano Gavião
Hi David,

thanks for your opinion ... I'll take a look too... It's Karaf 3
available on svn as trunk ?

Do you have any info about release dates of it ?

cheers

Cristiano

On 05/04/11 18:23, David Jencks wrote:

> iMO the realistic options are to write it by hand or to use karaf 3 (which is under rapid development in this area)
>
> Examples of karaf 3 features are (in karaf) assemblies/features/framework (this constructs a kar file that is the contents of a minimal karaf server; it's turned into  a server in assemblies/apache-karaf-minimal)
>
> and (in my geronimo sandbox at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/djencks/txmanager)  the org.apache.geronimo..... projects which construct a couple features to try out the karaf-maven-plugin.  Here, there's also a sample server that deploys these features.
>
> I didn't understand the karaf 2.x feature doc either.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Apr 5, 2011, at 2:09 PM, Cristiano Gavião wrote:
>
>> Hi,  could someone point me to a complete example project that shows me how to create a feature ?
>>
>> I'm trying to figure out it reading the doc page (http://karaf.apache.org/manual/2.1.99-SNAPSHOT/developers-guide/features-maven-plugin.html) but I couldn't yet.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Cristiano

Re: Some tips on how to create a feature

Cristiano Gavião
Hi Adrian,

I couldn't reach this address http://sparks.fusesource.com, but I've
found this http://fusesource.com/forge/projects/sparks/source

But besides the fact this page state that:

> This project can be cloned anonymously using the following URL:
>
> http://fusesource.com/forge/git/sparks.git/

  It ask me to authenticate.. :-s

I will try to use the git online browsing...

cheers

On 05/04/11 18:16, Adrian Trenaman wrote:

> Hi Christiano,
>
> I've just posted up some code I'm using for a Webinar on Thursday on
> 'Securing CXF Web Services with SSL/TLS and WS-Security'  and it's got
> a concise enough features project in it.
>
> You can get the code at from the GIT repository at
> http://sparks.fusesource.com
>
> If you're interested in attending the webinar, the link for the EMEA
> session is http://tinyurl.com/3v9fb3q and for the US session is
> http://tinyurl.com/3m65n34
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Ade
>

> On 05/04/2011 23:09, Cristiano Gavião wrote:
>> Hi, could someone point me to a complete example project that shows me
>> how to create a feature ?
>>
>> I'm trying to figure out it reading the doc page
>> (http://karaf.apache.org/manual/2.1.99-SNAPSHOT/developers-guide/features-maven-plugin.html)
>>
>> but I couldn't yet.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Cristiano

Re: Some tips on how to create a feature

adrian.trenaman
Hi Cristiano,

I'll see if I can fix this so you can get a build.

Best,
Ade.