Supporting recursive shells

Hiram Chirino
Hi,

I've just attached a patch to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-166 which allows sub
classes of Main to be executed as a command Action.  This basically
means that you can implement a new sub shell within the Karaf shell.

The scalate[1] project is currently subclassing Main to implement it's
own custom shell /w scalate sub commands.  But it would be nice if the
scalate shell could be executed as a command within karaf itself!

I'm now  kicking myself for not piping up and asking to remain a
committer on Karaf when the TLP was established.  I'd love it if
someone could review the patch and commit it for me.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com/

Re: Supporting recursive shells

jbonofre
Hi Hiram

Thanks a lot for this patch.

Agree that it can be interesting to easily extend the shell by sub shell.

I will try to review the patch today and commit it.

Thanks again