Toward Karaf 3.0.0

123

Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Thanks to Dan, we got the Aries release required for Karaf 3.0.0.
I'm upgrading on Karaf trunk.

I'm working on the latest mandatory improvement (KARAF-2496) now.

So, today, I will:
- commit both blueprint upgrade and KARAF-2496
- update Jira to add 3.0.1 version
- review the Jira and move to 3.0.1

I discussed with Jamie this morning, he's ready to cut off the 3.0.0
release.

I propose to prepare the release and vote for next Thursday (it gives
some time to latest fixes and tests tomorrow).

WDYT ?

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

David Bosschaert
I have the code for KARAF-2455 (Role-based security for OSGi Services)
and KARAF-2442 (Role-based security for Shell/Console commands) pretty
much ready and was planning to submit pull requests for it tomorrow.

I don't know, it might be worth including this in 3.0.0 as it
complements the JMX role-based access nicely...

If people think it's not necessary, that's fine too. I'm fine either way...

Cheers,

David

On 8 October 2013 15:41, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks to Dan, we got the Aries release required for Karaf 3.0.0.
> I'm upgrading on Karaf trunk.
>
> I'm working on the latest mandatory improvement (KARAF-2496) now.
>
> So, today, I will:
> - commit both blueprint upgrade and KARAF-2496
> - update Jira to add 3.0.1 version
> - review the Jira and move to 3.0.1
>
> I discussed with Jamie this morning, he's ready to cut off the 3.0.0
> release.
>
> I propose to prepare the release and vote for next Thursday (it gives some
> time to latest fixes and tests tomorrow).
>
> WDYT ?

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

jbonofre
Hi David,

if you can submit it for tomorrow, I will review it and include it.

It would be great to have it for 3.0.0 !

On 10/08/2013 04:46 PM, David Bosschaert wrote:

> I have the code for KARAF-2455 (Role-based security for OSGi Services)
> and KARAF-2442 (Role-based security for Shell/Console commands) pretty
> much ready and was planning to submit pull requests for it tomorrow.
>
> I don't know, it might be worth including this in 3.0.0 as it
> complements the JMX role-based access nicely...
>
> If people think it's not necessary, that's fine too. I'm fine either way...
>
> Cheers,
>
> David
>

> On 8 October 2013 15:41, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Thanks to Dan, we got the Aries release required for Karaf 3.0.0.
>> I'm upgrading on Karaf trunk.
>>
>> I'm working on the latest mandatory improvement (KARAF-2496) now.
>>
>> So, today, I will:
>> - commit both blueprint upgrade and KARAF-2496
>> - update Jira to add 3.0.1 version
>> - review the Jira and move to 3.0.1
>>
>> I discussed with Jamie this morning, he's ready to cut off the 3.0.0
>> release.
>>
>> I propose to prepare the release and vote for next Thursday (it gives some
>> time to latest fixes and tests tomorrow).
>>
>> WDYT ?

>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>> [hidden email]
>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Claus Ibsen
Hi

You guys released Karaf 3.0 RC1 a long time ago, eg

Jamie Goodyear posted on March 15, 2013
Karaf 3.0.0.RC1 released!

I would suggest to release a RC2 in the near future and then have the
goal towards the end of this year to have Karaf 3.0 as GA.

This gives time to get the new security implement right, as IMHO that
is really really needed for Karaf to be taken to the next level.

And the community to give the RC2 a test spin and feedback while you
guys get the last pieces ready for GA.

Also don't underestimate the need for documentation to go along. Is
there any Karaf 3 docs at all? Also people would need a migration doc
etc.

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks to Dan, we got the Aries release required for Karaf 3.0.0.
> I'm upgrading on Karaf trunk.
>
> I'm working on the latest mandatory improvement (KARAF-2496) now.
>
> So, today, I will:
> - commit both blueprint upgrade and KARAF-2496
> - update Jira to add 3.0.1 version
> - review the Jira and move to 3.0.1
>
> I discussed with Jamie this morning, he's ready to cut off the 3.0.0
> release.
>
> I propose to prepare the release and vote for next Thursday (it gives some
> time to latest fixes and tests tomorrow).
>
> WDYT ?

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: [hidden email]
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Charles Moulliard-2
Agree with Claus. As Karaf 3.0 release is a big change compared with Karaf
2.x, it is important that documentation is aligned before to start the
acceptance process as they will have to tests a lot of things before to
provide a go/no go

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> You guys released Karaf 3.0 RC1 a long time ago, eg
>
> Jamie Goodyear posted on March 15, 2013
> Karaf 3.0.0.RC1 released!
>
> I would suggest to release a RC2 in the near future and then have the
> goal towards the end of this year to have Karaf 3.0 as GA.
>
> This gives time to get the new security implement right, as IMHO that
> is really really needed for Karaf to be taken to the next level.
>
> And the community to give the RC2 a test spin and feedback while you
> guys get the last pieces ready for GA.
>
> Also don't underestimate the need for documentation to go along. Is
> there any Karaf 3 docs at all? Also people would need a migration doc
> etc.
>

> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Thanks to Dan, we got the Aries release required for Karaf 3.0.0.
> > I'm upgrading on Karaf trunk.
> >
> > I'm working on the latest mandatory improvement (KARAF-2496) now.
> >
> > So, today, I will:
> > - commit both blueprint upgrade and KARAF-2496
> > - update Jira to add 3.0.1 version
> > - review the Jira and move to 3.0.1
> >
> > I discussed with Jamie this morning, he's ready to cut off the 3.0.0
> > release.
> >
> > I propose to prepare the release and vote for next Thursday (it gives
> some
> > time to latest fixes and tests tomorrow).
> >
> > WDYT ?
> >
> > Regards
> > JB
> > --
> > Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> > [hidden email]
> > http://blog.nanthrax.net
> > Talend - http://www.talend.com
>

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter: davsclaus
> Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Charles Moulliard
Apache Committer / Architect @RedHat
Twitter : @cmoulliard | Blog :  http://cmoulliard.github.io

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Hi Claus,

I got your point, but due to the very small feedback that we got on RC1,
I would promote directly a first release, to give more visibility to
this release.

Regarding the documentation, agree with you, and it's on my TODO for
tomorrow as well. However, 95% of the documentation is OK for Karaf 3.

WDYT ?

On 10/08/2013 05:13 PM, Claus Ibsen wrote:

> Hi
>
> You guys released Karaf 3.0 RC1 a long time ago, eg
>
> Jamie Goodyear posted on March 15, 2013
> Karaf 3.0.0.RC1 released!
>
> I would suggest to release a RC2 in the near future and then have the
> goal towards the end of this year to have Karaf 3.0 as GA.
>
> This gives time to get the new security implement right, as IMHO that
> is really really needed for Karaf to be taken to the next level.
>
> And the community to give the RC2 a test spin and feedback while you
> guys get the last pieces ready for GA.
>
> Also don't underestimate the need for documentation to go along. Is
> there any Karaf 3 docs at all? Also people would need a migration doc
> etc.
>

> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Thanks to Dan, we got the Aries release required for Karaf 3.0.0.
>> I'm upgrading on Karaf trunk.
>>
>> I'm working on the latest mandatory improvement (KARAF-2496) now.
>>
>> So, today, I will:
>> - commit both blueprint upgrade and KARAF-2496
>> - update Jira to add 3.0.1 version
>> - review the Jira and move to 3.0.1
>>
>> I discussed with Jamie this morning, he's ready to cut off the 3.0.0
>> release.
>>
>> I propose to prepare the release and vote for next Thursday (it gives some
>> time to latest fixes and tests tomorrow).
>>
>> WDYT ?

>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>> [hidden email]
>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Charles Moulliard-2
JB,

Can you share with us the link about Karaf 3.0 doc, so we can have a look,
make tests, ... ?

Regards,

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 5:33 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi Claus,
>
> I got your point, but due to the very small feedback that we got on RC1, I
> would promote directly a first release, to give more visibility to this
> release.
>
> Regarding the documentation, agree with you, and it's on my TODO for
> tomorrow as well. However, 95% of the documentation is OK for Karaf 3.
>
> WDYT ?

> On 10/08/2013 05:13 PM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> You guys released Karaf 3.0 RC1 a long time ago, eg
>>
>> Jamie Goodyear posted on March 15, 2013
>> Karaf 3.0.0.RC1 released!
>>
>> I would suggest to release a RC2 in the near future and then have the
>> goal towards the end of this year to have Karaf 3.0 as GA.
>>
>> This gives time to get the new security implement right, as IMHO that
>> is really really needed for Karaf to be taken to the next level.
>>
>> And the community to give the RC2 a test spin and feedback while you
>> guys get the last pieces ready for GA.
>>
>> Also don't underestimate the need for documentation to go along. Is
>> there any Karaf 3 docs at all? Also people would need a migration doc
>> etc.
>>

>> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Thanks to Dan, we got the Aries release required for Karaf 3.0.0.
>>> I'm upgrading on Karaf trunk.
>>>
>>> I'm working on the latest mandatory improvement (KARAF-2496) now.
>>>
>>> So, today, I will:
>>> - commit both blueprint upgrade and KARAF-2496
>>> - update Jira to add 3.0.1 version
>>> - review the Jira and move to 3.0.1
>>>
>>> I discussed with Jamie this morning, he's ready to cut off the 3.0.0
>>> release.
>>>
>>> I propose to prepare the release and vote for next Thursday (it gives
>>> some
>>> time to latest fixes and tests tomorrow).
>>>
>>> WDYT ?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB
>>> --
>>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>>> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Charles Moulliard
Apache Committer / Architect @RedHat
Twitter : @cmoulliard | Blog :  http://cmoulliard.github.io

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

jbonofre
Good idea Charles !

I will deploy on my server and share with you.

By the way, I just found an "issue" with the blueprint release, some
other blueprint modules should be extend (blueprint-cm for instance).

I'm checking the different aries modules and submit patches.

On 10/08/2013 05:37 PM, Charles Moulliard wrote:

> JB,
>
> Can you share with us the link about Karaf 3.0 doc, so we can have a look,
> make tests, ... ?
>
> Regards,
>

> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 5:33 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Hi Claus,
>>
>> I got your point, but due to the very small feedback that we got on RC1, I
>> would promote directly a first release, to give more visibility to this
>> release.
>>
>> Regarding the documentation, agree with you, and it's on my TODO for
>> tomorrow as well. However, 95% of the documentation is OK for Karaf 3.
>>
>> WDYT ?

>> On 10/08/2013 05:13 PM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> You guys released Karaf 3.0 RC1 a long time ago, eg
>>>
>>> Jamie Goodyear posted on March 15, 2013
>>> Karaf 3.0.0.RC1 released!
>>>
>>> I would suggest to release a RC2 in the near future and then have the
>>> goal towards the end of this year to have Karaf 3.0 as GA.
>>>
>>> This gives time to get the new security implement right, as IMHO that
>>> is really really needed for Karaf to be taken to the next level.
>>>
>>> And the community to give the RC2 a test spin and feedback while you
>>> guys get the last pieces ready for GA.
>>>
>>> Also don't underestimate the need for documentation to go along. Is
>>> there any Karaf 3 docs at all? Also people would need a migration doc
>>> etc.

>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>> [hidden email]
>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

If I'm not completely wrong the latest [1] should point to trunk aka latest
snapshot documentation.
At least this had been discussed somewhere in the past ;)

regards, Achim

[1] - http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/index.html

2013/10/8 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>

> Good idea Charles !
>
> I will deploy on my server and share with you.
>
> By the way, I just found an "issue" with the blueprint release, some other
> blueprint modules should be extend (blueprint-cm for instance).
>
> I'm checking the different aries modules and submit patches.

> On 10/08/2013 05:37 PM, Charles Moulliard wrote:
>
>> JB,
>>
>> Can you share with us the link about Karaf 3.0 doc, so we can have a look,
>> make tests, ... ?
>>
>> Regards,
>>

>> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 5:33 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]
>> >wrote:
>>
>>  Hi Claus,
>>>
>>> I got your point, but due to the very small feedback that we got on RC1,
>>> would promote directly a first release, to give more visibility to this
>>> release.
>>>
>>> Regarding the documentation, agree with you, and it's on my TODO for
>>> tomorrow as well. However, 95% of the documentation is OK for Karaf 3.
>>>
>>> WDYT ?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB
>>>

>>> On 10/08/2013 05:13 PM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi

>>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>>> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Project Lead
OPS4J Pax for Vaadin <http://team.ops4j.org/wiki/display/PAXVAADIN/Home>
Commiter & Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Achim Nierbeck
though I have to admit the upgrade section is a bit "empty" ;)

http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/users-guide/update.html

Commiter & Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

dantran
From an active karaf user, I would like to see it as 3.0.0 to get more
feedback.

and service role base security is a big plug.

Thanks

-D

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Achim Nierbeck <[hidden email]>wrote:

> though I have to admit the upgrade section is a bit "empty" ;)
>
> http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/users-guide/update.html
>

> 2013/10/8 Achim Nierbeck <[hidden email]>
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > If I'm not completely wrong the latest [1] should point to trunk aka
> > latest snapshot documentation.
> > At least this had been discussed somewhere in the past ;)
> >
> > regards, Achim
> >
> > [1] - http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/index.html
> >

> > 2013/10/8 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
> >
> >> Good idea Charles !
> >>
> >> I will deploy on my server and share with you.
> >>
> >> By the way, I just found an "issue" with the blueprint release, some
> >> other blueprint modules should be extend (blueprint-cm for instance).
> >>
> >> I'm checking the different aries modules and submit patches.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> JB

> this

> [hidden email]>

> gives

> >> --
> >> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> >> [hidden email]
> >> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> >> Talend - http://www.talend.com
> >>

> > --
> >
> > Apache Karaf <http://karaf.apache.org/> Committer & PMC
> > OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer
> &
> > Project Lead
> > OPS4J Pax for Vaadin <http://team.ops4j.org/wiki/display/PAXVAADIN/Home>
> > Commiter & Project Lead
> > blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

> Project Lead
> OPS4J Pax for Vaadin <http://team.ops4j.org/wiki/display/PAXVAADIN/Home>
> Commiter & Project Lead
> blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

I started tests this morning on Karaf 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT (latest update from
trunk). Just a quick update about the mandatory Jira to fix before 3.0.0
(waiting my global review on the Jira):

- KARAF-2510 and KARAF-2232: Upgrade to Aries Blueprint Core 1.2.0 and
Aries Blueprint CM 1.0.2: we are waiting for the Aries Blueprint CM
release. I created the Jira and submitted patches. It should be done
"quickly".
- KARAF-2509: if a command is named as the scope (for install log:log or
ssh:ssh), even being in a subshell, the user has to use the full
qualified name of the command.
- KARAF-2506: all MBeans attributes are "unavailable" in jconsole. It
may be related to some missing ACL.
- KARAF-2496: it's mostly done. I use a session variable (named
COMPLETION) to define the behavior of the CommandsCompleter. The
COMPLETION variable can be GLOBAL or SUBSHELL, and I provide also a
command to switch from one mode to another (on the fly).

I will update the Jira, moving to 3.0.1.

I'm fixing the issues described previously and resume my tests.

If you have some time to perform some tests, it would be great.

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks to Dan, we got the Aries release required for Karaf 3.0.0.
> I'm upgrading on Karaf trunk.
>
> I'm working on the latest mandatory improvement (KARAF-2496) now.
>
> So, today, I will:
> - commit both blueprint upgrade and KARAF-2496
> - update Jira to add 3.0.1 version
> - review the Jira and move to 3.0.1
>
> I discussed with Jamie this morning, he's ready to cut off the 3.0.0
> release.
>
> I propose to prepare the release and vote for next Thursday (it gives
> some time to latest fixes and tests tomorrow).
>
> WDYT ?

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

jbonofre
Just a quick point: I also created:

to review the documentation/manual (as suggested by Charles and Claus).

> Hi all,
>
> I started tests this morning on Karaf 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT (latest update from
> trunk). Just a quick update about the mandatory Jira to fix before 3.0.0
> (waiting my global review on the Jira):
>
> - KARAF-2510 and KARAF-2232: Upgrade to Aries Blueprint Core 1.2.0 and
> Aries Blueprint CM 1.0.2: we are waiting for the Aries Blueprint CM
> release. I created the Jira and submitted patches. It should be done
> "quickly".
> - KARAF-2509: if a command is named as the scope (for install log:log or
> ssh:ssh), even being in a subshell, the user has to use the full
> qualified name of the command.
> - KARAF-2506: all MBeans attributes are "unavailable" in jconsole. It
> may be related to some missing ACL.
> - KARAF-2496: it's mostly done. I use a session variable (named
> COMPLETION) to define the behavior of the CommandsCompleter. The
> COMPLETION variable can be GLOBAL or SUBSHELL, and I provide also a
> command to switch from one mode to another (on the fly).
>
> I will update the Jira, moving to 3.0.1.
>
> I'm fixing the issues described previously and resume my tests.
>
> If you have some time to perform some tests, it would be great.

> On 10/08/2013 04:41 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Thanks to Dan, we got the Aries release required for Karaf 3.0.0.
>> I'm upgrading on Karaf trunk.
>>
>> I'm working on the latest mandatory improvement (KARAF-2496) now.
>>
>> So, today, I will:
>> - commit both blueprint upgrade and KARAF-2496
>> - update Jira to add 3.0.1 version
>> - review the Jira and move to 3.0.1
>>
>> I discussed with Jamie this morning, he's ready to cut off the 3.0.0
>> release.
>>
>> I propose to prepare the release and vote for next Thursday (it gives
>> some time to latest fixes and tests tomorrow).
>>
>> WDYT ?

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Hi guys,

just a quick update about that.

I gonna commit the Aries Blueprint CM update: I tested locally, it looks
good to me.

One blocking issue should be fixed:

We can not release a Karaf version with a JMX layer that doesn't really
work.

I gonna take a look on that today.

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks to Dan, we got the Aries release required for Karaf 3.0.0.
> I'm upgrading on Karaf trunk.
>
> I'm working on the latest mandatory improvement (KARAF-2496) now.
>
> So, today, I will:
> - commit both blueprint upgrade and KARAF-2496
> - update Jira to add 3.0.1 version
> - review the Jira and move to 3.0.1
>
> I discussed with Jamie this morning, he's ready to cut off the 3.0.0
> release.
>
> I propose to prepare the release and vote for next Thursday (it gives
> some time to latest fixes and tests tomorrow).
>
> WDYT ?

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

David Bosschaert
I left a comment on KARAF-2506

With the new RBAC for JMX you need to be logged in as a user which
needs some roles in order to get access to anything. So if you simply
attach via JConsole to the local process it will show everything as
unavailable.

When you log in using the Remote Process mechanism from JConsole (i.e.
via a URL like this:
service:jmx:rmi://localhost:44444/jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/karaf-root)
and provide username and password, it should all work...

Cheers,

David

On 21 October 2013 12:40, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> just a quick update about that.
>
> I gonna commit the Aries Blueprint CM update: I tested locally, it looks
> good to me.
>
> One blocking issue should be fixed:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-2506
>
> We can not release a Karaf version with a JMX layer that doesn't really
> work.
>
> I gonna take a look on that today.

> On 10/08/2013 04:41 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Thanks to Dan, we got the Aries release required for Karaf 3.0.0.
>> I'm upgrading on Karaf trunk.
>>
>> I'm working on the latest mandatory improvement (KARAF-2496) now.
>>
>> So, today, I will:
>> - commit both blueprint upgrade and KARAF-2496
>> - update Jira to add 3.0.1 version
>> - review the Jira and move to 3.0.1
>>
>> I discussed with Jamie this morning, he's ready to cut off the 3.0.0
>> release.
>>
>> I propose to prepare the release and vote for next Thursday (it gives
>> some time to latest fixes and tests tomorrow).
>>
>> WDYT ?

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

jbonofre
Thanks for your comment David, it's what I suspected.

I will at least update the documentation to explain this point to the users.

On 10/21/2013 01:56 PM, David Bosschaert wrote:

> I left a comment on KARAF-2506
>
> With the new RBAC for JMX you need to be logged in as a user which
> needs some roles in order to get access to anything. So if you simply
> attach via JConsole to the local process it will show everything as
> unavailable.
>
> When you log in using the Remote Process mechanism from JConsole (i.e.
> via a URL like this:
> service:jmx:rmi://localhost:44444/jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/karaf-root)
> and provide username and password, it should all work...
>
> Cheers,
>
> David
>
> On 21 October 2013 12:40, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> just a quick update about that.
>>
>> I gonna commit the Aries Blueprint CM update: I tested locally, it looks
>> good to me.
>>
>> One blocking issue should be fixed:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-2506
>>
>> We can not release a Karaf version with a JMX layer that doesn't really
>> work.
>>
>> I gonna take a look on that today.

>> On 10/08/2013 04:41 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Thanks to Dan, we got the Aries release required for Karaf 3.0.0.
>>> I'm upgrading on Karaf trunk.
>>>
>>> I'm working on the latest mandatory improvement (KARAF-2496) now.
>>>
>>> So, today, I will:
>>> - commit both blueprint upgrade and KARAF-2496
>>> - update Jira to add 3.0.1 version
>>> - review the Jira and move to 3.0.1
>>>
>>> I discussed with Jamie this morning, he's ready to cut off the 3.0.0
>>> release.
>>>
>>> I propose to prepare the release and vote for next Thursday (it gives
>>> some time to latest fixes and tests tomorrow).
>>>
>>> WDYT ?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB
>>

>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>> [hidden email]
>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

cschneider
There are currently 58 issues logged for Karaf 3.0.0.
I would like to move as many of them to Karaf 3.1.0 and 3.0.1 as possible.

So I will move the improvements to 3.1.0 and the bugs that I think we
can delay to 3.0.1. If you want issues to be done for 3.0.0 please move
them back.
Please take into account that Karaf 3 is very late already and we should
try to avoid everything that further delays it.

Christian

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks to Dan, we got the Aries release required for Karaf 3.0.0.
> I'm upgrading on Karaf trunk.
>
> I'm working on the latest mandatory improvement (KARAF-2496) now.
>
> So, today, I will:
> - commit both blueprint upgrade and KARAF-2496
> - update Jira to add 3.0.1 version
> - review the Jira and move to 3.0.1
>
> I discussed with Jamie this morning, he's ready to cut off the 3.0.0
> release.
>
> I propose to prepare the release and vote for next Thursday (it gives
> some time to latest fixes and tests tomorrow).
>
> WDYT ?

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

cschneider
I talked to Achim and JB on irc. JB had already sent a mail that hwe
will tackle the moving.
Sorry to have interfered with that. I had not seen his mail so I was not
aware he was already at it.

I already had moved about 18 issues at that point. JB will review my
changes and continue with the rest.

Christian

On 23.10.2013 10:08, Christian Schneider wrote:

> There are currently 58 issues logged for Karaf 3.0.0.
> I would like to move as many of them to Karaf 3.1.0 and 3.0.1 as
> possible.
>
> So I will move the improvements to 3.1.0 and the bugs that I think we
> can delay to 3.0.1. If you want issues to be done for 3.0.0 please
> move them back.
> Please take into account that Karaf 3 is very late already and we
> should try to avoid everything that further delays it.
>
> Christian

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Thanks to Dan, we got the Aries release required for Karaf 3.0.0.
>> I'm upgrading on Karaf trunk.
>>
>> I'm working on the latest mandatory improvement (KARAF-2496) now.
>>
>> So, today, I will:
>> - commit both blueprint upgrade and KARAF-2496
>> - update Jira to add 3.0.1 version
>> - review the Jira and move to 3.0.1
>>
>> I discussed with Jamie this morning, he's ready to cut off the 3.0.0
>> release.
>>
>> I propose to prepare the release and vote for next Thursday (it gives
>> some time to latest fixes and tests tomorrow).
>>
>> WDYT ?

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

jbonofre
Hi Christian,

no worries, we gonna do that together (with Achim as well of course).

You don't have interfere and you did well. Just give us a little bit
more time to answer to your messages on the mailing list ;)

Thanks again to have started the Jira review.

> I talked to Achim and JB on irc. JB had already sent a mail that hwe
> will tackle the moving.
> Sorry to have interfered with that. I had not seen his mail so I was not
> aware he was already at it.
>
> I already had moved about 18 issues at that point. JB will review my
> changes and continue with the rest.
>
> Christian
>
> On 23.10.2013 10:08, Christian Schneider wrote:
>> There are currently 58 issues logged for Karaf 3.0.0.
>> I would like to move as many of them to Karaf 3.1.0 and 3.0.1 as
>> possible.
>>
>> So I will move the improvements to 3.1.0 and the bugs that I think we
>> can delay to 3.0.1. If you want issues to be done for 3.0.0 please
>> move them back.
>> Please take into account that Karaf 3 is very late already and we
>> should try to avoid everything that further delays it.
>>
>> Christian
>>
>> On 08.10.2013 16:41, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Thanks to Dan, we got the Aries release required for Karaf 3.0.0.
>>> I'm upgrading on Karaf trunk.
>>>
>>> I'm working on the latest mandatory improvement (KARAF-2496) now.
>>>
>>> So, today, I will:
>>> - commit both blueprint upgrade and KARAF-2496
>>> - update Jira to add 3.0.1 version
>>> - review the Jira and move to 3.0.1
>>>
>>> I discussed with Jamie this morning, he's ready to cut off the 3.0.0
>>> release.
>>>
>>> I propose to prepare the release and vote for next Thursday (it gives
>>> some time to latest fixes and tests tomorrow).
>>>
>>> WDYT ?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

We did good progress on trunk to prepare Karaf 3.0.0.

We have now 19 pending Jira for 3.0.0.

I will tackle all these Jira tonight and tomorrow.

I propose to submit Karaf 3.0.0 to vote on Thursday, 14th November.

I plan to test Karaf 3.0.0 on Linux (RHEL, Debian and Ubuntu on x86),
Windows 7, Solaris (9 and 10, on both Sparc and x86) and AIX (6 and 8,
on Power5 and Power6) tomorrow night (after my commits to complete the
pending Jira).

If some of you have time to perform some tests, it would be great.

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks to Dan, we got the Aries release required for Karaf 3.0.0.
> I'm upgrading on Karaf trunk.
>
> I'm working on the latest mandatory improvement (KARAF-2496) now.
>
> So, today, I will:
> - commit both blueprint upgrade and KARAF-2496
> - update Jira to add 3.0.1 version
> - review the Jira and move to 3.0.1
>
> I discussed with Jamie this morning, he's ready to cut off the 3.0.0
> release.
>
> I propose to prepare the release and vote for next Thursday (it gives
> some time to latest fixes and tests tomorrow).
>
> WDYT ?

123