Unable to deploy a Karaf kar file containing a ComponentFactory OSGi declarative service

12

Unable to deploy a Karaf kar file containing a ComponentFactory OSGi declarative service

tmoreira2020

  Hey all! Does anyone can help me with this question?  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52118716/unable-to-deploy-a-karaf-kar-file-containing-a-componentfactory-osgi-declarative

  Thanks

p.s. I have tried to send the question directly to here before but seems that I wasn't properly added to the list. Given another try...

Thiago Moreira
+55 48 99911-6331

Re: Unable to deploy a Karaf kar file containing a ComponentFactory OSGi declarative service

does the features XML used to create the kar contain the scr feature ?

Basically, as you are using DS, you have to install the scr feature.

On 01/09/2018 17:52, Thiago Moreira (timba) wrote:

>   Hey all! Does anyone can help me with this question?
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52118716/unable-to-deploy-a-karaf-kar-file-containing-a-componentfactory-osgi-declarative
>
>   Thanks
>
> p.s. I have tried to send the question directly to here before but seems
> that I wasn't properly added to the list. Given another try...
>
> Thiago Moreira
> +55 48 99911-6331

Re: Unable to deploy a Karaf kar file containing a ComponentFactory OSGi declarative service

tmoreira2020

  Hey JB, yes it does. Check it here feature.xml

Thiago Moreira
+55 48 99911-6331

On Sat, Sep 1, 2018 at 1:05 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

does the features XML used to create the kar contain the scr feature ?

Basically, as you are using DS, you have to install the scr feature.

On 01/09/2018 17:52, Thiago Moreira (timba) wrote:

>   Hey all! Does anyone can help me with this question?
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52118716/unable-to-deploy-a-karaf-kar-file-containing-a-componentfactory-osgi-declarative
>
>   Thanks
>
> p.s. I have tried to send the question directly to here before but seems
> that I wasn't properly added to the list. Given another try...
>
> Thiago Moreira
> +55 48 99911-6331

Re: Unable to deploy a Karaf kar file containing a ComponentFactory OSGi declarative service

jbonofre
Oh sorry, I missed the cause:  the service
org.osgi.service.component.ComponentFactory is not there ;)

Why do you have as a prerequisite ?

I guess that if you install the scr feature before the kar it works fine
right ?

Can you check if you have the ComponentFactory service ?

By the way, why did you define the requirement in your bundle ?

On 01/09/2018 18:19, Thiago Moreira (timba) wrote:

>   Hey JB, yes it does. Check it here feature.xml
> <https://github.com/tmoreira2020/poc-osgi-whiteboard/blob/master/br.com.thiagomoreira.kar/src/main/feature/feature.xml>
>
> Thiago Moreira
> +55 48 99911-6331
>

> On Sat, Sep 1, 2018 at 1:05 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     does the features XML used to create the kar contain the scr feature ?
>
>     Basically, as you are using DS, you have to install the scr feature.
>
>     Regards
>     JB
>
>     On 01/09/2018 17:52, Thiago Moreira (timba) wrote:
>     >
>     >   Hey all! Does anyone can help me with this question?
>     >
>     https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52118716/unable-to-deploy-a-karaf-kar-file-containing-a-componentfactory-osgi-declarative
>     >
>     >   Thanks
>     >
>     > p.s. I have tried to send the question directly to here before but
>     seems
>     > that I wasn't properly added to the list. Given another try...
>     >
>     > Thiago Moreira
>     > +55 48 99911-6331
>
>     --
>     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     http://blog.nanthrax.net
>     Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Unable to deploy a Karaf kar file containing a ComponentFactory OSGi declarative service

tmoreira2020

  I need scr as prerequisite to run my app. The thing is I'm running a docker that has a vanilla ServiceMix (7.0.1) installation and my goal is to be able to deploy a single file with everything that I need.

  I tried to install scr and then deploy the kar (via deploy folder) but not lucky

  Yes, the service org.osgi.service.component.ComponentFactory is installed and it is provided by my "Bot Implementation" bundle.

  I didn't understand your last question. Is there another way to achieve the installation of everything at once (like EARs)?

  BTW, I'm an OSGi/Karaf/ServiceMix beginner. :D

Thiago Moreira
+55 48 99911-6331

On Sat, Sep 1, 2018 at 1:28 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh sorry, I missed the cause:  the service
org.osgi.service.component.ComponentFactory is not there ;)

Why do you have as a prerequisite ?

I guess that if you install the scr feature before the kar it works fine
right ?

Can you check if you have the ComponentFactory service ?

By the way, why did you define the requirement in your bundle ?

On 01/09/2018 18:19, Thiago Moreira (timba) wrote:

>   Hey JB, yes it does. Check it here feature.xml
> <https://github.com/tmoreira2020/poc-osgi-whiteboard/blob/master/br.com.thiagomoreira.kar/src/main/feature/feature.xml>
>
> Thiago Moreira
> +55 48 99911-6331
>

> On Sat, Sep 1, 2018 at 1:05 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     does the features XML used to create the kar contain the scr feature ?
>
>     Basically, as you are using DS, you have to install the scr feature.
>
>     Regards
>     JB
>
>     On 01/09/2018 17:52, Thiago Moreira (timba) wrote:
>     >
>     >   Hey all! Does anyone can help me with this question?
>     >
>     https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52118716/unable-to-deploy-a-karaf-kar-file-containing-a-componentfactory-osgi-declarative
>     >
>     >   Thanks
>     >
>     > p.s. I have tried to send the question directly to here before but
>     seems
>     > that I wasn't properly added to the list. Given another try...
>     >
>     > Thiago Moreira
>     > +55 48 99911-6331
>
>     --
>     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     http://blog.nanthrax.net
>     Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Unable to deploy a Karaf kar file containing a ComponentFactory OSGi declarative service

I tried on both Karaf 4.1.6 and Karaf 4.2.1, and it works fine for me:
the SCR feature is installed and my SCR bundle starts correctly when I
put the kar in the deploy folder or when I use kar:install.

So, you are using SMX 7.0.1 as Karaf version ?

On 01/09/2018 19:10, Thiago Moreira (timba) wrote:

> [...]
>     before but
>     >     seems
>     >     > that I wasn't properly added to the list. Given another try...
>     >     >
>     >     > Thiago Moreira
>     >     > +55 48 99911-6331
>     >
>     >     --
>     >     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     >     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>     >     http://blog.nanthrax.net
>     >     Talend - http://www.talend.com
>     >
>
>     --
>     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     http://blog.nanthrax.net
>     Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Unable to deploy a Karaf kar file containing a ComponentFactory OSGi declarative service

  I have tried with Karaf 4.2.1 without lucky. My steps:
  1. Unzip the bundle
  2. Start with karaf command
  3. Build the project with mvn clean install
  4. Install the kar file
    1. Copy the kar file br.com.thiagomoreira.kar-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.kar to the deploy folder
    2. Or use the kar:install command
  5. Logs and console prints the exception: Unable to resolve br.com.thiagomoreira.application/1.0.0.201809021204: missing requirement [br.com.thiagomoreira.application/1.0.0.201809021204] osgi.service; filter:="(objectClass=org.osgi.service.component.ComponentFactory)"; effective:=active
  I have tried to install SCR feature before the kar fail too, without lucky. What I'm missing?

  Yes, I was using ServiceMix 7.0.1 but now I switched to Karaf 4.2.1 (after your reply in the ServiceMix mailing list)

  Thanks

Thiago Moreira
+55 48 99911-6331

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 1:53 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

> [...]

>     before but
>     >     seems
>     >     > that I wasn't properly added to the list. Given another try...
>     >     >
>     >     > Thiago Moreira
>     >     > +55 48 99911-6331
>     >
>     >     --
>     >     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     >     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>     >     http://blog.nanthrax.net
>     >     Talend - http://www.talend.com
>     >
>
>     --
>     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     http://blog.nanthrax.net
>     Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Unable to deploy a Karaf kar file containing a ComponentFactory OSGi declarative service

Can you share your bundle and your feature ?

Regards,

François

Envoyé depuis mon smartphone Samsung Galaxy.

> [...]

>     >     >
>     >
>      https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52118716/unable-to-deploy-a-karaf-kar-file-containing-a-componentfactory-osgi-declarative
>     >     >
>     >     >   Thanks
>     >     >
>     >     > p.s. I have tried to send the question directly to here
>     before but
>     >     seems
>     >     > that I wasn't properly added to the list. Given another try...
>     >     >
>     >     > Thiago Moreira
>     >     > +55 48 99911-6331
>     >
>     >     --
>     >     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     >     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>

François Papon
fpapon@apache.org
Yupiik - https://www.yupiik.com

Re: Unable to deploy a Karaf kar file containing a ComponentFactory OSGi declarative service

tmoreira2020

  Hey François, the project is available here https://github.com/tmoreira2020/poc-osgi-whiteboard

  Thanks

Thiago Moreira
+55 48 99911-6331

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 10:45 AM francois.papon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

> [...]

>     before but
>     >     seems
>     >     > that I wasn't properly added to the list. Given another try...
>     >     >
>     >     > Thiago Moreira
>     >     > +55 48 99911-6331
>     >
>     >     --
>     >     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     >     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>     >     http://blog.nanthrax.net
>     >     Talend - http://www.talend.com
>     >
>
>     --
>     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     http://blog.nanthrax.net
>     Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Unable to deploy a Karaf kar file containing a ComponentFactory OSGi declarative service

OK, let me check your project.

On 02/09/2018 14:14, Thiago Moreira (timba) wrote:

> [...]
>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>     >     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>>
>     >     >     http://blog.nanthrax.net
>     >     >     Talend - http://www.talend.com
>     >     >
>     >
>     >     --
>     >     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     >     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>     >     http://blog.nanthrax.net
>     >     Talend - http://www.talend.com
>     >
>
>     --
>     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     http://blog.nanthrax.net
>     Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Unable to deploy a Karaf kar file containing a ComponentFactory OSGi declarative service

By the way, I saw you are using the maven bnd plugin, whereas I used the
maven-bundle-plugin from Felix. Let me check the generated headers.

> [...]

>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>     >     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>>
>     >     >     http://blog.nanthrax.net
>     >     >     Talend - http://www.talend.com
>     >     >
>     >
>     >     --
>     >     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     >     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>     >     http://blog.nanthrax.net
>     >     Talend - http://www.talend.com
>     >
>
>     --
>     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     http://blog.nanthrax.net
>     Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Unable to deploy a Karaf kar file containing a ComponentFactory OSGi declarative service

I will take a look ;)

You can also take a look on the Karaf SCR example to deal with scr.

regards,

François Papon
[hidden email]
Le 02/09/2018 à 18:01, Thiago Moreira (timba) a écrit :

> [...]

>     >     >
>     >
>      https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52118716/unable-to-deploy-a-karaf-kar-file-containing-a-componentfactory-osgi-declarative
>     >     >
>     >     >   Thanks
>     >     >
>     >     > p.s. I have tried to send the question directly to here
>     before but
>     >     seems
>     >     > that I wasn't properly added to the list. Given another try...
>     >     >
>     >     > Thiago Moreira
>     >     > +55 48 99911-6331
>     >
>     >     --
>     >     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     >     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>

François Papon
fpapon@apache.org
Yupiik - https://www.yupiik.com

Re: Unable to deploy a Karaf kar file containing a ComponentFactory OSGi declarative service

tmoreira2020

  Nice! I already look the example.

Thiago Moreira
+55 48 99911-6331

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 11:57 AM Francois Papon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>     before but
>     >     seems
>     >     > that I wasn't properly added to the list. Given another try...
>     >     >
>     >     > Thiago Moreira
>     >     > +55 48 99911-6331
>     >
>     >     --
>     >     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     >     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>     >     http://blog.nanthrax.net
>     >     Talend - http://www.talend.com
>     >
>
>     --
>     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     http://blog.nanthrax.net
>     Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Unable to deploy a Karaf kar file containing a ComponentFactory OSGi declarative service

fpapon

Ok,

You should use the maven-bundle-plugin instead of the bnd-plugin, it's more convenient ;)

Btw, I see that in your BotApplication class you are searching a service with a component.factory property = bot.factory but I can't see where you are registring this factory

@Reference(target = "(component.factory=bot.factory)")
protected ComponentFactory factory;

regards,

François Papon
[hidden email]
Le 02/09/2018 à 19:01, Thiago Moreira (timba) a écrit :

> [...]

>     >     >
>     >
>      https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52118716/unable-to-deploy-a-karaf-kar-file-containing-a-componentfactory-osgi-declarative
>     >     >
>     >     >   Thanks
>     >     >
>     >     > p.s. I have tried to send the question directly to here
>     before but
>     >     seems
>     >     > that I wasn't properly added to the list. Given another try...
>     >     >
>     >     > Thiago Moreira
>     >     > +55 48 99911-6331
>     >
>     >     --
>     >     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     >     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>

François Papon
fpapon@apache.org
Yupiik - https://www.yupiik.com

Re: Unable to deploy a Karaf kar file containing a ComponentFactory OSGi declarative service

fpapon

Sorry, I missed it, I see it now :)

@Component(service = Bot.class, factory = "bot.factory")
public class BotImpl implements Bot {

regards

François Papon
[hidden email]
Le 02/09/2018 à 19:09, Francois Papon a écrit :

> [...]

>     >     >
>     >
>      https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52118716/unable-to-deploy-a-karaf-kar-file-containing-a-componentfactory-osgi-declarative
>     >     >
>     >     >   Thanks
>     >     >
>     >     > p.s. I have tried to send the question directly to here
>     before but
>     >     seems
>     >     > that I wasn't properly added to the list. Given another try...
>     >     >
>     >     > Thiago Moreira
>     >     > +55 48 99911-6331
>     >
>     >     --
>     >     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     >     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>

François Papon
fpapon@apache.org
Yupiik - https://www.yupiik.com

Re: Unable to deploy a Karaf kar file containing a ComponentFactory OSGi declarative service

tmoreira2020

  What is the advantages in your point of view of bundle over bnd? Maybe I should start another thread...

Thiago Moreira
+55 48 99911-6331

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 12:12 PM Francois Papon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>     before but
>     >     seems
>     >     > that I wasn't properly added to the list. Given another try...
>     >     >
>     >     > Thiago Moreira
>     >     > +55 48 99911-6331
>     >
>     >     --
>     >     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     >     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>     >     http://blog.nanthrax.net
>     >     Talend - http://www.talend.com
>     >
>
>     --
>     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     http://blog.nanthrax.net
>     Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Unable to deploy a Karaf kar file containing a ComponentFactory OSGi declarative service

You don't have to declare things in a bnd.bnd file,  you can define it directly in the plugin configuration in your pom.xml like this :

            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
                <configuration>
                    <instructions>
                        <Export-Package>
                            org.apache.karaf.vineyard.registry.api
                        </Export-Package>
                    </instructions>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

regards,

François Papon
[hidden email]
Le 02/09/2018 à 19:21, Thiago Moreira (timba) a écrit :

> [...]

>     >     >
>     >
>      https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52118716/unable-to-deploy-a-karaf-kar-file-containing-a-componentfactory-osgi-declarative
>     >     >
>     >     >   Thanks
>     >     >
>     >     > p.s. I have tried to send the question directly to here
>     before but
>     >     seems
>     >     > that I wasn't properly added to the list. Given another try...
>     >     >
>     >     > Thiago Moreira
>     >     > +55 48 99911-6331
>     >
>     >     --
>     >     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     >     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>

François Papon
fpapon@apache.org
Yupiik - https://www.yupiik.com

Re: Unable to deploy a Karaf kar file containing a ComponentFactory OSGi declarative service

jbonofre
Some may see this as a pro, some as a cons ;)

Anyway, maven-bundle-plugin uses bnd (library). The bnd plugin allows to
delegate the headers definition in the specific file.

maven-bundle-plugin defines a lot of default headers based on Maven.
That's what I would like to check (the diff in the generated headers).

On 02/09/2018 17:25, Francois Papon wrote:

> You don't have to declare things in a bnd.bnd file,  you can define it
> directly in the plugin configuration in your pom.xml like this :
>
>             <plugin>
>                 <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
>                 <artifactId>maven-bundle-plugin</artifactId>
>                 <configuration>
>                     <instructions>
>                         <Export-Package>
>                             org.apache.karaf.vineyard.registry.api
>                         </Export-Package>
>                     </instructions>
>                 </configuration>
>             </plugin>
>
> regards,
>
> François Papon
> [hidden email]
>
> Le 02/09/2018 à 19:21, Thiago Moreira (timba) a écrit :
>>
>>   What is the advantages in your point of view of bundle over bnd?
>> Maybe I should start another thread...
>>
>> Thiago Moreira
>> +55 48 99911-6331
>>

>> On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 12:12 PM Francois Papon
>> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>     Sorry, I missed it, I see it now :)
>>
>>     @Component(service = Bot.class, factory = "bot.factory")
>>     public class BotImpl implements Bot {
>>
>>     regards
>>
>>     François Papon
>>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>
>>     Le 02/09/2018 à 19:09, Francois Papon a écrit :
>>>
>>>     Ok,
>>>
>>>     You should use the maven-bundle-plugin instead of the bnd-plugin,
>>>     it's more convenient ;)
>>>
>>>     Btw, I see that in your BotApplication class you are searching a
>>>     service with a component.factory property = bot.factory but I
>>>     can't see where you are registring this factory
>>>
>>>     @Reference(target = "(component.factory=bot.factory)")
>>>     protected ComponentFactory factory;
>>>
>>>     regards,
>>>
>>>     François Papon
>>>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

  Hey guys, were you able to reproduce the problem?

  Thanks

Thiago Moreira
+55 48 99911-6331

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 1:10 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
Some may see this as a pro, some as a cons ;)

Anyway, maven-bundle-plugin uses bnd (library). The bnd plugin allows to
delegate the headers definition in the specific file.

maven-bundle-plugin defines a lot of default headers based on Maven.
That's what I would like to check (the diff in the generated headers).

On 02/09/2018 17:25, Francois Papon wrote:
> You don't have to declare things in a bnd.bnd file,  you can define it
> directly in the plugin configuration in your pom.xml like this :
>
>             <plugin>
>                 <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
>                 <artifactId>maven-bundle-plugin</artifactId>
>                 <configuration>
>                     <instructions>
>                         <Export-Package>
>                             org.apache.karaf.vineyard.registry.api
>                         </Export-Package>
>                     </instructions>
>                 </configuration>
>             </plugin>
>
> regards,
>
> François Papon
> [hidden email]
>
> Le 02/09/2018 à 19:21, Thiago Moreira (timba) a écrit :
>>
>>   What is the advantages in your point of view of bundle over bnd?
>> Maybe I should start another thread...
>>
>> Thiago Moreira
>> +55 48 99911-6331
>>

>> On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 12:12 PM Francois Papon
>> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>     Sorry, I missed it, I see it now :)
>>
>>     @Component(service = Bot.class, factory = "bot.factory")
>>     public class BotImpl implements Bot {
>>
>>     regards
>>
>>     François Papon
>>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>
>>     Le 02/09/2018 à 19:09, Francois Papon a écrit :
>>>
>>>     Ok,
>>>
>>>     You should use the maven-bundle-plugin instead of the bnd-plugin,
>>>     it's more convenient ;)
>>>
>>>     Btw, I see that in your BotApplication class you are searching a
>>>     service with a component.factory property = bot.factory but I
>>>     can't see where you are registring this factory
>>>
>>>     @Reference(target = "(component.factory=bot.factory)")
>>>     protected ComponentFactory factory;
>>>
>>>     regards,
>>>
>>>     François Papon
>>>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

I tried yesterday and I'm able to reproduce after migrate on maven-bundle-plugin, I will search more deeply for the component-factory ;)

regards,

François Papon
[hidden email]

François Papon