Usages overrides.properties and blacklisted.properties

Usages overrides.properties and blacklisted.properties

aedevdweij
Hi,

Our feature basically pulls in external two conflicting transaction managers. Plowing through the documentation and this forum I couldn't find any documentation that addresses blacklisting a bundle. A file blacklisted.properties is mentioned and also overrides.properties that might be of help. But none of them appear to be explained fully.

I've tried creating a blacklisted.properties in KARAF_HOME/etc and adding the following line to no avail: org.apache.aries.transaction.manager

Any help and hints are appreciated

---
Using Karaf 4.0.8

Re: Usages overrides.properties and blacklisted.properties

These files allow you to define from whichh feature a bundle comes from.

overrides.properties contains provided bundle URLs not overrided by feature
installation.  For instance:

mvn:foo/bar/1.0

means that bar bundle (startup bundle) is provided and overrides all
bundles/packages that a feature can eventually install.

aedevdweij
Thnx for the reply... can you also elaborate one the function of blacklisted? Is the purpose to prevent a specific feature from being installed?

Re: Usages overrides.properties and blacklisted.properties

aedevdweij
I managed to get a specific version of bundle blacklisted by adding the following line

mvn:org.apache.aries.transaction/org.apache.aries.transaction.manager/1.3.1

to etc/blacklisted.properties

But how do I blacklist a range? I've tried:

mvn:org.apache.aries.transaction/org.apache.aries.transaction.manager; range=[1.3.1,)

and

mvn:org.apache.aries.transaction/org.apache.aries.transaction.manager;1.3.1 range=[1.3.1,)

but this fails.

Basically what I want to do is blacklist any version of this bundle. Is this possible and if so, what is the syntax?

Any help is appreciated.