Using port 80 with org.ops4j.pax.web

Paul Fraser
Hi,

Using org.osgi.service.http.port=80  in the web.cfg file does not work for me.

Is this the typical problem with ports under 1024 or should it be possible?

Paul Fraser

Re: Using port 80 with org.ops4j.pax.web

jbonofre
Hi Paul,

It's not directly related to Karaf but more on the user who's running it.

For instance, on Linux, to use port < 1024, the user has to have
permission. By default, only root can use ports < 1024.

On 03/09/2019 07:42, Paul Fraser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using org.osgi.service.http.port=80  in the web.cfg file does not work
> for me.
>
> Is this the typical problem with ports under 1024 or should it be possible?
>
> Paul Fraser

Re: Using port 80 with org.ops4j.pax.web

Paul Fraser
Thanks, JB,

That what I was after, Karaf does not care what port is specified.

Paul