Quantcast

[VOTE] Apache Karaf (Container) 4.1.1 release

12

[VOTE] Apache Karaf (Container) 4.1.1 release

I submit Karaf (Container) 4.1.1 release to your vote.

Release Notes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12339244

Staging Repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1090/

Git Tag:
karaf-4.1.1

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

RE: [VOTE] Apache Karaf (Container) 4.1.1 release

Siano, Stephan
Hi,

I don't think that this is a showstopper, but the release has still very strange console color effects on windows:

How to reproduce:

1. download the zip file from https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1090/org/apache/karaf/apache-karaf/4.1.1/ and unzip it somewhere on a Windows 10 system.
2. double click on bin/karaf.bat. The server will start and you will get a console
3. If you type anything into the console it will be dark red on black ground (which is hardly readable). Once a command is complete, it will turn dark blue on black ground (which is even more unreadable). Parameters entered to the commands are light grey on black ground, but error messages are in the same almost unreadable red as the incomplete commands. I tried to change the terminal background to white and the text to black but this only makes things worse because the blue and black letters still have a black background (so you get black bars on your white background with letters in it which are much less readable than before).

Is it possible that these color effects were only tested with terminals where the default color is black on white background? Is there a way to disable these effects (I can live without any syntax highlighting if I can read the texts instead)?

Best regards
Stephan

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf (Container) 4.1.1 release

jbonofre
Hi Stephan,

yes, it's a known issue, but we need a new jline release to be able to customize
the color scheme (and users will be able to do so as well). It should be
included in 4.1.2.

On 03/29/2017 07:51 AM, Siano, Stephan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't think that this is a showstopper, but the release has still very strange console color effects on windows:
>
> How to reproduce:
>
> 1. download the zip file from https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1090/org/apache/karaf/apache-karaf/4.1.1/ and unzip it somewhere on a Windows 10 system.
> 2. double click on bin/karaf.bat. The server will start and you will get a console
> 3. If you type anything into the console it will be dark red on black ground (which is hardly readable). Once a command is complete, it will turn dark blue on black ground (which is even more unreadable). Parameters entered to the commands are light grey on black ground, but error messages are in the same almost unreadable red as the incomplete commands. I tried to change the terminal background to white and the text to black but this only makes things worse because the blue and black letters still have a black background (so you get black bars on your white background with letters in it which are much less readable than before).
>
> Is it possible that these color effects were only tested with terminals where the default color is black on white background? Is there a way to disable these effects (I can live without any syntax highlighting if I can read the texts instead)?
>
> Best regards
> Stephan

Toni Menzel-2
+1 (non-binding)

We are using 4.1.1-SNAPSHOT for a while now without any blocking issue. So
4.1.1 would be great to have. ;)
Thanks, all!
Toni

*www.rebaze.de <http://www.rebaze.de/> | www.rebaze.com
<http://www.rebaze.com/> | @rebazeio <https://twitter.com/rebazeio>*

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 8:03 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Stephan,
>
> yes, it's a known issue, but we need a new jline release to be able to
> customize the color scheme (and users will be able to do so as well). It
> should be included in 4.1.2.

> On 03/29/2017 07:51 AM, Siano, Stephan wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't think that this is a showstopper, but the release has still very
>> strange console color effects on windows:
>>
>> How to reproduce:
>>
>> 1. download the zip file from https://repository.apache.org/
>> content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1090/org/apache/karaf/
>> apache-karaf/4.1.1/ and unzip it somewhere on a Windows 10 system.
>> 2. double click on bin/karaf.bat. The server will start and you will get
>> a console
>> 3. If you type anything into the console it will be dark red on black
>> ground (which is hardly readable). Once a command is complete, it will turn
>> dark blue on black ground (which is even more unreadable). Parameters
>> entered to the commands are light grey on black ground, but error messages
>> are in the same almost unreadable red as the incomplete commands. I tried
>> to change the terminal background to white and the text to black but this
>> only makes things worse because the blue and black letters still have a
>> black background (so you get black bars on your white background with
>> letters in it which are much less readable than before).
>>
>> Is it possible that these color effects were only tested with terminals
>> where the default color is black on white background? Is there a way to
>> disable these effects (I can live without any syntax highlighting if I can
>> read the texts instead)?
>>
>> Best regards
>> Stephan

Grzegorz Grzybek
+1 (non-binding)

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> We are using 4.1.1-SNAPSHOT for a while now without any blocking issue. So
> 4.1.1 would be great to have. ;)
> Thanks, all!
> Toni
>

> *www.rebaze.de <http://www.rebaze.de/> | www.rebaze.com
> <http://www.rebaze.com/> | @rebazeio <https://twitter.com/rebazeio>*
>
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 8:03 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Stephan,
> >
> > yes, it's a known issue, but we need a new jline release to be able to
> > customize the color scheme (and users will be able to do so as well). It
> > should be included in 4.1.2.
> >
> > Regards
> > JB
> >

> > On 03/29/2017 07:51 AM, Siano, Stephan wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I don't think that this is a showstopper, but the release has still very
> >> strange console color effects on windows:
> >>
> >> How to reproduce:
> >>
> >> 1. download the zip file from https://repository.apache.org/
> >> content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1090/org/apache/karaf/
> >> apache-karaf/4.1.1/ and unzip it somewhere on a Windows 10 system.
> >> 2. double click on bin/karaf.bat. The server will start and you will get
> >> a console
> >> 3. If you type anything into the console it will be dark red on black
> >> ground (which is hardly readable). Once a command is complete, it will
> turn
> >> dark blue on black ground (which is even more unreadable). Parameters
> >> entered to the commands are light grey on black ground, but error
> messages
> >> are in the same almost unreadable red as the incomplete commands. I
> tried
> >> to change the terminal background to white and the text to black but
> this
> >> only makes things worse because the blue and black letters still have a
> >> black background (so you get black bars on your white background with
> >> letters in it which are much less readable than before).
> >>
> >> Is it possible that these color effects were only tested with terminals
> >> where the default color is black on white background? Is there a way to
> >> disable these effects (I can live without any syntax highlighting if I
> can
> >> read the texts instead)?
> >>
> >> Best regards
> >> Stephan

lburgazzoli
+1 (non binding)

---
Luca Burgazzoli

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 8:43 AM, Toni Menzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> We are using 4.1.1-SNAPSHOT for a while now without any blocking issue. So
> 4.1.1 would be great to have. ;)
> Thanks, all!
> Toni
>

> *www.rebaze.de <http://www.rebaze.de/> | www.rebaze.com
> <http://www.rebaze.com/> | @rebazeio <https://twitter.com/rebazeio>*
>
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 8:03 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Stephan,
>>
>> yes, it's a known issue, but we need a new jline release to be able to
>> customize the color scheme (and users will be able to do so as well). It
>> should be included in 4.1.2.

>> On 03/29/2017 07:51 AM, Siano, Stephan wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I don't think that this is a showstopper, but the release has still very
>>> strange console color effects on windows:
>>>
>>> How to reproduce:
>>>
>>> 1. download the zip file from https://repository.apache.org/
>>> content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1090/org/apache/karaf/
>>> apache-karaf/4.1.1/ and unzip it somewhere on a Windows 10 system.
>>> 2. double click on bin/karaf.bat. The server will start and you will get
>>> a console
>>> 3. If you type anything into the console it will be dark red on black
>>> ground (which is hardly readable). Once a command is complete, it will turn
>>> dark blue on black ground (which is even more unreadable). Parameters
>>> entered to the commands are light grey on black ground, but error messages
>>> are in the same almost unreadable red as the incomplete commands. I tried
>>> to change the terminal background to white and the text to black but this
>>> only makes things worse because the blue and black letters still have a
>>> black background (so you get black bars on your white background with
>>> letters in it which are much less readable than before).
>>>
>>> Is it possible that these color effects were only tested with terminals
>>> where the default color is black on white background? Is there a way to
>>> disable these effects (I can live without any syntax highlighting if I can
>>> read the texts instead)?
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Stephan

>>> Regards
>>> JB
>>>

>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>> [hidden email]
>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf (Container) 4.1.1 release

Andrea Cosentino
+1 (non-binding)
Thanks JB! --Andrea Cosentino ----------------------------------Apache Camel PMC MemberApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail: [hidden email]: @oscerd2Github: oscerd

    On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:46 AM, Grzegorz Grzybek <[hidden email]> wrote:

 +1 (non-binding)

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> We are using 4.1.1-SNAPSHOT for a while now without any blocking issue. So
> 4.1.1 would be great to have. ;)
> Thanks, all!
> Toni
>

> *www.rebaze.de <http://www.rebaze.de/> | www.rebaze.com
> <http://www.rebaze.com/> | @rebazeio <https://twitter.com/rebazeio>*
>
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 8:03 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Stephan,
> >
> > yes, it's a known issue, but we need a new jline release to be able to
> > customize the color scheme (and users will be able to do so as well). It
> > should be included in 4.1.2.
> >
> > Regards
> > JB
> >

> > On 03/29/2017 07:51 AM, Siano, Stephan wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I don't think that this is a showstopper, but the release has still very
> >> strange console color effects on windows:
> >>
> >> How to reproduce:
> >>
> >> 1. download the zip file from https://repository.apache.org/
> >> content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1090/org/apache/karaf/
> >> apache-karaf/4.1.1/ and unzip it somewhere on a Windows 10 system.
> >> 2. double click on bin/karaf.bat. The server will start and you will get
> >> a console
> >> 3. If you type anything into the console it will be dark red on black
> >> ground (which is hardly readable). Once a command is complete, it will
> turn
> >> dark blue on black ground (which is even more unreadable). Parameters
> >> entered to the commands are light grey on black ground, but error
> messages
> >> are in the same almost unreadable red as the incomplete commands. I
> tried
> >> to change the terminal background to white and the text to black but
> this
> >> only makes things worse because the blue and black letters still have a
> >> black background (so you get black bars on your white background with
> >> letters in it which are much less readable than before).
> >>
> >> Is it possible that these color effects were only tested with terminals
> >> where the default color is black on white background? Is there a way to
> >> disable these effects (I can live without any syntax highlighting if I
> can
> >> read the texts instead)?
> >>
> >> Best regards
> >> Stephan

cschneider
+1

I already did some basic tests with activemq. I will continue testing
and report if I find anything.

Christian

> Hi all,
>
> I submit Karaf (Container) 4.1.1 release to your vote.
>
> Release Notes:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12339244
>

> Staging Repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1090/
>
> Git Tag:
> karaf-4.1.1
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

> Thanks,

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf (Container) 4.1.1 release

Achim Nierbeck
+1 (binding)

looks good.

regards, Achim

--

Apache Member
Project Lead

AW: [VOTE] Apache Karaf (Container) 4.1.1 release

roedll
+1 (non-binding)

regards,
Lukas

Re: AW: [VOTE] Apache Karaf (Container) 4.1.1 release

Jonathan Schoreels
+1

Jonathan

On 2017-03-29 10:33, Roedl Lukas wrote:

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> regards,
> Lukas

Stephen Kitt
On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 22:11:32 +0200
Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I submit Karaf (Container) 4.1.1 release to your vote.
>
> Release Notes:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12339244
>
> Staging Repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1090/
>
> Git Tag:
> karaf-4.1.1
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
[X] +1 Approve the release (non-binding)
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Regards,

Stephen

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf (Container) 4.1.1 release

Fabian Lange
+1 (non-binding)

Fabian

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 10:11 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I submit Karaf (Container) 4.1.1 release to your vote.
>
> Release Notes:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?proje
> ctId=12311140&version=12339244
>
> Staging Repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1090/
>
> Git Tag:
> karaf-4.1.1
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

> Thanks,

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf (Container) 4.1.1 release

maggu2810
Has someone tested the Spring MVC feature / bundles?

I have a bundle that is using the Spring MVC and worked before.
In K4.1.1 staging I receive an error while bundle start

===
2017-03-30 11:37:56,973 | ERROR | ender-1-thread-1 | DispatcherServlet
               | 132 - org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-webmvc -
4.3.5.RELEASE_1 | Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name
'org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter':
Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to
instantiate [org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter]:
Constructor threw exception; nested exception is
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/fasterxml/jackson/core/util/DefaultIndenter
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1116)
~[125:org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans:4.3.5.RELEASE_1]
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1060)
~[125:org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans:4.3.5.RELEASE_1]
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:513)
~[125:org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans:4.3.5.RELEASE_1]
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:483)
~[125:org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans:4.3.5.RELEASE_1]
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:306)
~[125:org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans:4.3.5.RELEASE_1]
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:230)
~[125:org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans:4.3.5.RELEASE_1]
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:302)
~[125:org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans:4.3.5.RELEASE_1]
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:197)
~[125:org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans:4.3.5.RELEASE_1]
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:759)
~[125:org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans:4.3.5.RELEASE_1]
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:866)
~[126:org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-context:4.3.5.RELEASE_1]
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:542)
~[126:org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-context:4.3.5.RELEASE_1]
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.configureAndRefreshWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:668)
~[132:org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-webmvc:4.3.5.RELEASE_1]
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.createWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:634)
~[132:org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-webmvc:4.3.5.RELEASE_1]
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.createWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:682)
~[132:org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-webmvc:4.3.5.RELEASE_1]
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.initWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:553)
~[132:org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-webmvc:4.3.5.RELEASE_1]
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.initServletBean(FrameworkServlet.java:494)
~[132:org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-webmvc:4.3.5.RELEASE_1]
at org.springframework.web.servlet.HttpServletBean.init(HttpServletBean.java:136)
~[132:org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-webmvc:4.3.5.RELEASE_1]
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:244)
~[52:javax.servlet-api:3.1.0]
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServlet(ServletHolder.java:640)
~[155:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.3.14.v20161028]
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initialize(ServletHolder.java:419)
~[155:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.3.14.v20161028]
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:892)
~[155:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.3.14.v20161028]
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.startContext(ServletContextHandler.java:349)
~[155:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.3.14.v20161028]
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceContext.startContext(HttpServiceContext.java:432)
~[265:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:6.0.3]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:778)
~[154:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.14.v20161028]
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.doStart(ServletContextHandler.java:262)
~[155:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.3.14.v20161028]
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceContext.doStart(HttpServiceContext.java:258)
~[265:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:6.0.3]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
~[157:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.3.14.v20161028]
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerImpl$1.start(JettyServerImpl.java:285)
~[265:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:6.0.3]
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.internal.HttpServiceStarted.end(HttpServiceStarted.java:1137)
~[?:?]
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.internal.HttpServiceProxy.end(HttpServiceProxy.java:444)
~[?:?]
at org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.war.internal.RegisterWebAppVisitorWC.end(RegisterWebAppVisitorWC.java:398)
~[?:?]
at org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.war.internal.model.WebApp.accept(WebApp.java:656)
~[?:?]
at org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.war.internal.WebAppPublisher$WebAppDependencyListener.register(WebAppPublisher.java:228)
~[?:?]
at org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.war.internal.WebAppPublisher$WebAppDependencyListener.addingService(WebAppPublisher.java:173)
~[?:?]
at org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.war.internal.WebAppPublisher$WebAppDependencyListener.addingService(WebAppPublisher.java:129)
~[?:?]
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:941)
~[?:?]
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:870)
~[?:?]
at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.trackAdding(AbstractTracked.java:256)
~[?:?]
at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.trackInitial(AbstractTracked.java:183)
~[?:?]
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker.open(ServiceTracker.java:318) ~[?:?]
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker.open(ServiceTracker.java:261) ~[?:?]
at org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.war.internal.WebAppPublisher.publish(WebAppPublisher.java:98)
~[?:?]
at org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.war.internal.WebObserver.deploy(WebObserver.java:217)
~[?:?]
at org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.war.internal.WebObserver$1.doStart(WebObserver.java:172)
~[?:?]
at org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.war.internal.extender.SimpleExtension.start(SimpleExtension.java:59)
~[?:?]
at org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.war.internal.extender.AbstractExtender.lambda$createExtension$0(AbstractExtender.java:277)
~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
[?:?]
[?:?]
[?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:?]
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException:
Failed to instantiate
[org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter]:
Constructor threw exception; nested exception is
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/fasterxml/jackson/core/util/DefaultIndenter
at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:154)
~[?:?]
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:89)
~[?:?]
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1108)
~[?:?]
... 52 more
com/fasterxml/jackson/core/util/DefaultIndenter
at org.springframework.http.converter.json.AbstractJackson2HttpMessageConverter.init(AbstractJackson2HttpMessageConverter.java:97)
~[?:?]
at org.springframework.http.converter.json.AbstractJackson2HttpMessageConverter.<init>(AbstractJackson2HttpMessageConverter.java:90)
~[?:?]
at org.springframework.http.converter.json.MappingJackson2HttpMessageConverter.<init>(MappingJackson2HttpMessageConverter.java:66)
~[?:?]
at org.springframework.http.converter.json.MappingJackson2HttpMessageConverter.<init>(MappingJackson2HttpMessageConverter.java:57)
~[?:?]
at org.springframework.http.converter.support.AllEncompassingFormHttpMessageConverter.<init>(AllEncompassingFormHttpMessageConverter.java:61)
~[?:?]
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.<init>(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:182)
~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
~[?:?]
~[?:?]
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423) ~[?:?]
at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:142)
~[?:?]
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:89)
~[?:?]
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1108)
~[?:?]
... 52 more
com.fasterxml.jackson.core.util.DefaultIndenter not found by
com.fasterxml.jackson.core.jackson-core [34]
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1550)
~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.access$200(BundleWiringImpl.java:79)
~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoader.loadClass(BundleWiringImpl.java:1958)
~[?:?]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.getClassByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1391)
~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.searchImports(BundleWiringImpl.java:1571)
~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1501)
~[?:?]
[...]
... 52 more
===

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf (Container) 4.1.1 release

jgoodyear
+1 (binding)

Cheers,
Jamie

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 7:33 AM, Markus Rathgeb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> ~[?:?]
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
> ~[?:?]
> at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423) ~[?:?]
> at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:142)
> ~[?:?]
> at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:89)
> ~[?:?]
> at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1108)
> ~[?:?]
> ... 52 more
> ===

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf (Container) 4.1.1 release

About the error reported above:

The real cause seems to be:
com.fasterxml.jackson.core.util.DefaultIndenter not found by
com.fasterxml.jackson.core.jackson-core [34]

Looking at https://fasterxml.github.io/jackson-core/javadoc/2.5/com/fasterxml/jackson/core/util/DefaultIndenter.html
it seems that this class has been added in version 2.5 of Jackson.

I used 2.4.x Jackson in my current environment.

So, only problem on my side.

> [...]
> ~[?:?]
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
> ~[?:?]
> at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423) ~[?:?]
> at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:142)
> ~[?:?]
> at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:89)
> ~[?:?]
> at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1108)
> ~[?:?]
> ... 52 more
> ===

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf (Container) 4.1.1 release

Guillaume Nodet-2
You can disable syntax highlighting in 4.1.1 by adding the following to the
etc/shell.init.script

setopt disable-highlighter

Cheers,
Guillaume

> I don't think that this is a showstopper, but the release has still very
> strange console color effects on windows:
>
> How to reproduce:
>
> 1. download the zip file from https://repository.apache.org/
> content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1090/org/
> apache/karaf/apache-karaf/4.1.1/ and unzip it somewhere on a Windows 10
> system.
> 2. double click on bin/karaf.bat. The server will start and you will get a
> console
> 3. If you type anything into the console it will be dark red on black
> ground (which is hardly readable). Once a command is complete, it will turn
> dark blue on black ground (which is even more unreadable). Parameters
> entered to the commands are light grey on black ground, but error messages
> are in the same almost unreadable red as the incomplete commands. I tried
> to change the terminal background to white and the text to black but this
> only makes things worse because the blue and black letters still have a
> black background (so you get black bars on your white background with
> letters in it which are much less readable than before).
>
> Is it possible that these color effects were only tested with terminals
> where the default color is black on white background? Is there a way to
> disable these effects (I can live without any syntax highlighting if I can
> read the texts instead)?
>
> Best regards
> Stephan

Freeman-2
+1
-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat

> On Mar 29, 2017, at 4:11 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I submit Karaf (Container) 4.1.1 release to your vote.
>
> Release Notes:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12339244
>
> Staging Repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1090/
>
> Git Tag:
> karaf-4.1.1
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

> Thanks,

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf (Container) 4.1.1 release

+1 (binding)

> Hi all,
>
> I submit Karaf (Container) 4.1.1 release to your vote.
>
> Release Notes:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12339244
>

> Staging Repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1090/