[VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.0.0 release (take 2)

[VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.0.0 release (take 2)

The Apache Karaf Decanter 1.0.0 release is submitted to your vote (take 2).

This release is the first one of the new monitoring and alerting
solution for Karaf and applications running on it.

Release Notes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12332996

Git Tag:
decanter-1.0.0

Staging Repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1038/

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.0.0 release (take 2)

cschneider
+1 (non binding)

I compiled from tag and tested on karaf 4. Looks all good.

We should improve the readme though to include a set of features and
instructions how to do the first steps.
Currently the user has no idea which features to install for a start and
where kibana is found after install.

Something like this:

feature:install decanter-collector-log decanter-collector-jmx
decanter-appender-elasticsearch elasticsearch kibana

Then check out kibana:
http://localhost:8181/kibana

You should see log messages and jmx monitoring data in the karaf view.

Btw. The new kibana views look great. I will add a cxf message and
metrics view for the next version.

Best regards

Christian

> Hi all,
>
> The Apache Karaf Decanter 1.0.0 release is submitted to your vote
> (take 2).
>
> This release is the first one of the new monitoring and alerting
> solution for Karaf and applications running on it.
>
> Release Notes:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12332996
>

> Git Tag:
> decanter-1.0.0
>
> Staging Repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1038/
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release
> [ ] -1 Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

> Thanks,

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.0.0 release (take 2)

Hi Christian
The readme invites you to take a look on the documentation.  I think the documentation is not too bad ;)
RegardsJB

Sent from my Samsung device

I compiled from tag and tested on karaf 4. Looks all good.

We should improve the readme though to include a set of features and
instructions how to do the first steps.
Currently the user has no idea which features to install for a start and
where kibana is found after install.

Something like this:

feature:install decanter-collector-log decanter-collector-jmx
decanter-appender-elasticsearch elasticsearch kibana

Then check out kibana:
http://localhost:8181/kibana

You should see log messages and jmx monitoring data in the karaf view.

Btw. The new kibana views look great. I will add a cxf message and
metrics view for the next version.

Best regards

Christian

> Hi all,
>
> The Apache Karaf Decanter 1.0.0 release is submitted to your vote
> (take 2).
>
> This release is the first one of the new monitoring and alerting
> solution for Karaf and applications running on it.
>
> Release Notes:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12332996
>

> Git Tag:
> decanter-1.0.0
>
> Staging Repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1038/
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release
> [ ] -1 Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

> Thanks,

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.0.0 release (take 2)

Morgan Hautman
Hi guys,

I saw you already used asciidoc for the documentation which is really
cool! :D
But can't we provide a link to those documentations, you know lazy devs..?

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Morgan

On 2015-07-28 10:46, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> Hi Christian
> The readme invites you to take a look on the documentation.  I think the documentation is not too bad ;)
> RegardsJB
>

> Sent from my Samsung device

Hi
let me deploy a my repo waiting for the end of the vote.
RegardsJB

Sent from my Samsung device

On 2015-07-28 10:46, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> Hi Christian
> The readme invites you to take a look on the documentation.  I think the documentation is not too bad ;)
> RegardsJB
>

> Sent from my Samsung device

Achim Nierbeck
+1 (binding)

regards, Achim

--

Apache Member
Project Lead

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.0.0 release (take 2)

cschneider

missed the reference to the docs. It seems though they are no present at
the moment.
http://karaf.apache.org/manual/decanter/latest/index.html

Christian

> Hi Christian
> The readme invites you to take a look on the documentation.  I think the documentation is not too bad ;)
> RegardsJB
>

> Sent from my Samsung device

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.0.0 release (take 2)

jbonofre
Hi Christian,

yes, I'm waiting for the end of the vote to publish the doc.

> Hi JB,
>
> missed the reference to the docs. It seems though they are no present at
> the moment.
> http://karaf.apache.org/manual/decanter/latest/index.html
>
> Christian

>> Hi Christian
>> The readme invites you to take a look on the documentation.  I think
>> the documentation is not too bad ;)
>> RegardsJB
>>

>> Sent from my Samsung device

>>> Regards
>>> JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.0.0 release (take 2)

+1 (binding)

> Hi all,
>
> The Apache Karaf Decanter 1.0.0 release is submitted to your vote (take 2).
>
> This release is the first one of the new monitoring and alerting
> solution for Karaf and applications running on it.
>
> Release Notes:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12332996
>

> Git Tag:
> decanter-1.0.0
>
> Staging Repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1038/
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release
> [ ] -1 Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

> Thanks,

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.0.0 release (take 2)

jgoodyear
+1 (binding)

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 4:10 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (binding)

> On 07/28/2015 03:34 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The Apache Karaf Decanter 1.0.0 release is submitted to your vote (take
>> 2).
>>
>> This release is the first one of the new monitoring and alerting
>> solution for Karaf and applications running on it.
>>
>> Release Notes:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12332996
>>

>> Git Tag:
>> decanter-1.0.0
>>
>> Staging Repository:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1038/
>>
>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>
>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>> [ ] -1 Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>>
>> This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>>
>> Thanks,

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.0.0 release (take 2)

This vote passed with the following result:

+1 (binding): Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Achim Nierbeck, Jamie Goodyear
+1 (non binding): Christian Schneider

I'm promoting the artifacts on Central, and updating Jira.

I already published the Decanter documentation.

Thanks all for your vote,