[VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.4.0 release

[VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.4.0 release

I submit Karaf Decanter 1.4.0 release to your vote.

Release Notes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12338800

Git tag:
decanter-1.4.0

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1094/

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

AW: [VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.4.0 release

Oliver Wulff
Hi JB

Due to the fact that this is a major release wouldn't it make sense to fix the Map serializations.

Here an example:

data.put("properties", exchange.getProperties().isEmpty() ? null : exchange.getProperties().toString());

If it is serialized like that I can not filter for it if the data is stored in elasticsearch because key/values are just one string.

WDYT?

Thanks

Oli

________________________________

Re: AW: [VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.4.0 release

cschneider
Hi Oli,

1.4.0 is just a minor release but of course we can have such
improvements or fixes in such a release.
On the other hand it is a bit late now. Is there already an issue for this?

Christian

On 05.07.2017 08:49, Oliver Wulff wrote:

> Hi JB
>

> Due to the fact that this is a major release wouldn't it make sense to fix the Map serializations.
>

> Here an example:
>

> data.put("properties", exchange.getProperties().isEmpty() ? null : exchange.getProperties().toString());
>

> If it is serialized like that I can not filter for it if the data is stored in elasticsearch because key/values are just one string.
>

> WDYT?
>

> Thanks
>
> Oli
>
> ________________________________

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

AW: AW: [VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.4.0 release

Oliver Wulff
Hi Christian

Of course, minor and of course it's late. Initially I thought the below issue should come into 1.4.

I've raised the following issue where I mentioned this (besides the feature request):

The same issue is with the camel headers.

Thanks

Oli

________________________________
1.4.0 is just a minor release but of course we can have such
improvements or fixes in such a release.
On the other hand it is a bit late now. Is there already an issue for this?

Christian

On 05.07.2017 08:49, Oliver Wulff wrote:

> Hi JB
>

> Due to the fact that this is a major release wouldn't it make sense to fix the Map serializations.
>

> Here an example:
>

> data.put("properties", exchange.getProperties().isEmpty() ? null : exchange.getProperties().toString());
>

> If it is serialized like that I can not filter for it if the data is stored in elasticsearch because key/values are just one string.
>

> WDYT?
>

> Thanks
>
> Oli
>
> ________________________________

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: AW: AW: [VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.4.0 release

cschneider
I see .. so this is open for a while already.
I propose we schedule a 1.5.0 soon and try to get in what you need.

I did not work on the current issues as almost all are assigned to JB. I
will check with him where I can help out.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.4.0 release

Andrea Cosentino
+1 (non-binding).
Thanks JB
--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

On Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 8:40:38 AM GMT+2, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

I submit Karaf Decanter 1.4.0 release to your vote.

Release Notes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12338800

Git tag:
decanter-1.4.0

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1094/

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Re: AW: [VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.4.0 release

Hi Oli,

do we have a Jira about that ?

On 07/05/2017 08:49 AM, Oliver Wulff wrote:

> Hi JB
>

> Due to the fact that this is a major release wouldn't it make sense to fix the Map serializations.
>

> Here an example:
>

> data.put("properties", exchange.getProperties().isEmpty() ? null : exchange.getProperties().toString());
>

> If it is serialized like that I can not filter for it if the data is stored in elasticsearch because key/values are just one string.
>

> WDYT?
>

> Thanks
>
> Oli
>
> ________________________________

The fix version was not set, that's why I missed it.

Let me cancel the release and cut a new one with the fix.

On 07/05/2017 09:10 AM, Oliver Wulff wrote:

> Hi Christian
>

> Of course, minor and of course it's late. Initially I thought the below issue should come into 1.4.
>

> I've raised the following issue where I mentioned this (besides the feature request):
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-5033
>

> The same issue is with the camel headers.
>

> Thanks
>
> Oli

[CANCEL][VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.4.0 release

Hi guys,

I cancel this vote to fix and include:

both providing the event notifier + pushing Camel Exchange headers and
properties as a List (instead of String).