Welcome to Adrian Trenaman, our newest committer!

Welcome to Adrian Trenaman, our newest committer!

Guillaume Nodet
Welcome on board Ade!

Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
------------------------
Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com

Re: Welcome to Adrian Trenaman, our newest committer!

Charles Moulliard
Administrator
What a great news for the project and community.

A little step for Adrian but a big step for Apache community ...
.
Congratulations

Charles M.

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome on board Ade!
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Guillaume Nodet
> ------------------------
> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
> ------------------------
> Open Source SOA
> http://fusesource.com

Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: Welcome to Adrian Trenaman, our newest committer!

iocanel
Congratulations Adrian,

Its good to see the team growing, especially with people like you.

Welcome on board!

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
http://iocanel.blogspot.com

Integration Engineer @ Upstream S.A. <http://www.upstreamsystems.com>
Ioannis Canellos
http://iocanel.blogspot.com

Re: Welcome to Adrian Trenaman, our newest committer!

Adrian Trenaman-2
  Thanks all!

Am really thrilled to be on board - am also itching to get committing,
particularly around the deployment and usability aspects of Karaf. I've
been a user for so long - back since Karaf was just a baby ServiceMix
Kernel - it's great to get an opportunity to contribute at a higher
level. Hoping to commit some nice code over the next few weeks around
the Karaf Archive tooling.

On that note, what do 'we' as a group prefer...

+ Lots of regular commits, or small numbers of large commits? (Methinks
the former!)
+ Git or SVN? (have been an svn user for some time *blush* but am
getting all excited about git)

Cheers to all,
Ade.

On 08/10/2010 08:46, Ioannis Canellos wrote:

> Congratulations Adrian,
>
> Its good to see the team growing, especially with people like you.
>
> Welcome on board!
>

> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Charles Moulliard<[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> What a great news for the project and community.
>>
>> A little step for Adrian but a big step for Apache community ...
>> .
>> Congratulations
>>
>> Charles M.
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Guillaume Nodet<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>> Welcome on board Ade!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Cheers,
>>> Guillaume Nodet
>>> ------------------------
>>> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
>>> ------------------------
>>> Open Source SOA
>>> http://fusesource.com

Re: Welcome to Adrian Trenaman, our newest committer!

jstrachan
Welcome Adrian!

On 8 October 2010 10:34, Adrian Trenaman <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Thanks all!
>
> Am really thrilled to be on board - am also itching to get committing,
> particularly around the deployment and usability aspects of Karaf. I've been
> a user for so long - back since Karaf was just a baby ServiceMix Kernel -
> it's great to get an opportunity to contribute at a higher level. Hoping to
> commit some nice code over the next few weeks around the Karaf Archive
> tooling.
>
> On that note, what do 'we' as a group prefer...
>
> + Lots of regular commits, or small numbers of large commits? (Methinks the
> former!)

Smaller commits are easier to grok

> + Git or SVN? (have been an svn user for some time *blush* but am getting
> all excited about git)

You can use either svn or git-svn to work at apache; so you can do all
your work in git if you want - but for the moment, svn is the master
record of all SCMs at apache. Lots of heated debates tend to happen if
you start asking for git around Apache :)

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 16:36, James Strachan <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Welcome Adrian!
>
> On 8 October 2010 10:34, Adrian Trenaman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >  Thanks all!
> >
> > Am really thrilled to be on board - am also itching to get committing,
> > particularly around the deployment and usability aspects of Karaf. I've
> been
> > a user for so long - back since Karaf was just a baby ServiceMix Kernel -
> > it's great to get an opportunity to contribute at a higher level. Hoping
> > commit some nice code over the next few weeks around the Karaf Archive
> > tooling.
> >
> > On that note, what do 'we' as a group prefer...
> >
> > + Lots of regular commits, or small numbers of large commits? (Methinks
> the
> > former!)
>
> Smaller commits are easier to grok
>

> > + Git or SVN? (have been an svn user for some time *blush* but am getting
> > all excited about git)
>
> You can use either svn or git-svn to work at apache; so you can do all
> your work in git if you want - but for the moment, svn is the master
> record of all SCMs at apache. Lots of heated debates tend to happen if
> you start asking for git around Apache :)

Yeah, you need to use svn as the main repository, but that does not exclude
the use of git-svn.  I've been using that since a long time now, and was
working on private local branches (or even public branches) for experiments.
 There's no problem in doing so I think.