Wordpress-like plugin functionality

frm

Wordpress-like plugin functionality

frm
Hi,

I am a NOOB with respect to Karaf, just starting to read the materials.
My question:
I want to have (and if necessary build) a plugin system, similar as you have
in Wordpress.
The idea is that people can developing a plugin containing user interface
elements, persistence and application logic.
Then they can add the plugin to their install, by using a web interface.
Is there a project that uses Karaf to build such a web-based plugin
platfrom?

Thanks,

-- Jaap Gordijn

Re: Wordpress-like plugin functionality

Julian Feinauer
Hi Jaap,

I am also fairly new to karaf but I know some internal applications that do exactly that. Basically the whole UI is based on Components / Services and are rendered dynamically.
E.g. take an interface "NavigationButton"... all instances would be rendered as buttons in the Nav Bar and so on.
But I do not know any framework already providing all of that (vaadin does a bit of that as it has OSGi and CDI support).

Julian

Am 26.09.19, 11:22 schrieb "frm" <[hidden email]>:

    Hi,

    I am a NOOB with respect to Karaf, just starting to read the materials.
    My question:
    I want to have (and if necessary build) a plugin system, similar as you have
    in Wordpress.
    The idea is that people can developing a plugin containing user interface
    elements, persistence and application logic.
    Then they can add the plugin to their install, by using a web interface.
    Is there a project that uses Karaf to build such a web-based plugin
    platfrom?

    Thanks,

    -- Jaap Gordijn

Re: Wordpress-like plugin functionality

David Jencks-2
How does what you want relate to http whiteboard?

David Jencks

Sent from my iPhone

frm

RE: Wordpress-like plugin functionality

frm
I have looked to whiteboard (a bit).
What I am looking for is a web-based environment with facilities to build menus, content, etc. and to ability to add plugin-ins to enhance the functionality. Wordpress is doing this with php; they provide the framework (with some basic functionality) but to arrive at a functional site, you have to add plugins. It is not clear to my if whiteboard can do this.

Jira of Atlassian does the same, even with OSGI. It is possible to extend Jira with plugins. It comes with a user interface to add plugins (e.g. downloaded earlier, or from a marketplace), remove them, activate them, etc.

I do not want to reinvent the wheel. If there is something out there, that is based on the Java eco-system, I am interested to know,