attaching a debugger to an instance

Guenther Schmidt
Hello,

so far I've start Karaf with bin\start and connected to the console via
bin\client.
Just today I discovered the "instance" commands in \bin and created a
new instance with the command and started it via bin\start "My instance".

Instead of bin\client I used SSH to connect to the console, no problem
there, and the tried to connect my IDE's remote debugger on port 5005.

And that's the part I can't get to work. It works just fine if I start
Karaf normally with bin\start, KARAF_DEBUG is set, but not via the
instance command.

What do I have to do to attach a debugger to a running instance?

Guenther

Re: attaching a debugger to an instance

You mean you set KARAF_DEBUG=true, and then you do instance start ?

Does the root instance started with KARAF_DEBUG as well ? In that case, you have
probably a port already bound (you can change the port in etc/system.properties).

When you say it doesn't work, you mean that the instance doesn't start or your
connect on the remote debugging port ?

Thanks !