Quantcast

bundle:watch

Cristiano Costantini
Hello all,

I am trying to use for the first time the bundle:watch command,
however I cannot get it to work correctly...

I watch a bundle with bundle:watch ID, I also start explicitly watching with bundle:watch --start, the bundle is correctly listed when I execute bundle:watch --list , but when I recompile my bundle using mvn clean install, it is not updated automatically.

I'm using Karaf 4.0.5

Am I doing something wrong?
Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Thanks
Cristiano

Re: bundle:watch

how do you install those bundles?
For example if you have a bootfeature installing it, this won't work.
As those Bundles are used from the system folder.

regards, Achim

--

Apache Member
OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer & Project Lead

Re: bundle:watch

Cristiano Costantini
yes, that's exactly my case !

The bundle I try to watch is installed from a feature specified in featuresBoot in file "org.apache.karaf.features.cfg"

Do I need to install the feature manually or should I avoid using feature and install the single bundle instead?

Thank you,
Cristiano

Il giorno mar 4 apr 2017 alle ore 11:20 Achim Nierbeck <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Hi,

[...]

Guillaume Nodet-2
The requirement is that the bundle uses a maven snapshot url.
If that's the case, the bundle:watch command will look for updates in the local repository.
The only command I'm using for the bundle:watch is "bundle:watch *" which updates all maven snapshots whenever I rebuild something.

Hello all,

I am trying to use for the first time the bundle:watch command,
however I cannot get it to work correctly...

I watch a bundle with bundle:watch ID, I also start explicitly watching with bundle:watch --start, the bundle is correctly listed when I execute bundle:watch --list , but when I recompile my bundle using mvn clean install, it is not updated automatically.

I'm using Karaf 4.0.5

Am I doing something wrong?
Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Thanks
Cristiano

Re: bundle:watch

Erwin Hogeweg
Also keep in mind that there is an issue with the time zones. At least in 4.0.8. When the bundle time is compared with the file time. One is in local time the other is in GMT. So if you live west of Greenwich your bundle gets always updated every 5 seconds...

I believe JB created a Jira for this.

Erwin