custom distribution

ken

custom distribution

ken
Hi All,

I am trying to make a custom distribution and I don't know if it's even possible or not.  I want to make a distribution with the following features;
* hot deployment
* dynamic configuration
* logging
* provisioning
* console

For the console, I do not want any commands aside from the "help" and "logout" as I'll be providing other set of commands.  How would I go about achieving this?

Thanks,

Ken

Re: custom distribution

Hi Ken,

You can start with Karaf standard distribution and remove
org.apache.karaf.shell.commands bundle from system folder and
etc/startup.properties.

The issue is that removing this bundle will remove a bunch of commands
(like more, grep, etc).
To "filter" the commands, you can create your own commands bundle
removing the help and logout commands.

On 11/01/2013 10:23 PM, ken wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to make a custom distribution and I don't know if it's even
> possible or not.  I want to make a distribution with the following features;
> * hot deployment
> * dynamic configuration
> * logging
> * provisioning
> * console
>
> For the console, I do not want any commands aside from the "help" and
> "logout" as I'll be providing other set of commands.  How would I go about
> achieving this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken

Re: custom distribution

sekaijin
you can use http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/developers-guide/custom-distribution.html
to create a custom distribution.

you can copy in your distribution any package you want.
in the Pom, exclude all package you want to remove and add dependencies.

in distribution descriptor you can add somme files with personnals.
if your read french you can see an exemple here
http://www.developpez.net/forums/d1228747/java/serveurs-conteneurs-java-ee/modularisation-osgi-sca/osgi-camel-plate-forme-minimale/

the distribution http://www.developpez.net/forums/attachments/p113271d1362923555/java/serveurs-conteneurs-java-ee/modularisation-osgi-sca/osgi-camel-plate-forme-minimale/karaf-camel.tar.gz/
are not fully tested.

A+JYT
PS sorry for my approximative english
ken

Re: custom distribution

ken
thanks for all the input.  i'll attempt to make a custom distribution based on the input.