error when I change network connection

Daniele
Hello,

I have installed Karaf 2.2.8 on Windows 7.

when I execute: features:addurl mvn:org.apache.camel.karaf/apache-camel/2.10.0/xml/features

karaf work fine.

When I change network connection the same command dont'work.
I receive this message:

karaf@root> features:addurl mvn:org.apache.camel.karaf/apache-camel/2.10.0/xml/features
Could not add Feature Repository:
java.lang.RuntimeException: URL [mvn:org.apache.camel.karaf/apache-camel/2.10.0/xml/features] could not be resolved.
Please verify that the feature repository URL is correct and that your network connection works fine.

This response in the same with   karaf version 2.3.0
Any idea????

Re: error when I change network connection

ibarnett
I know your question is a little old and you may have solved it already, however, I just dealt with a similar issue, so I'll include what I found.

I got the same error message when trying to install a different features repository:
Could not add Feature Repository:
java.lang.RuntimeException: URL [mvn:org.apache.activemq/activemq-karaf/5.8.0/xml/features] could not be resolved.
Please verify that the feature repository URL is correct and that your network connection works fine.

Karaf attempts to resolve that mvn URL by looking through the Maven repositories it knows about.  First, your local repo, and then (I believe) any repositories you have configured in your local settings.xml, and then other specified external repositories.

The etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg file is what defines the location of your:
-  local Maven repo (org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.localRepository)
-  your settings.xml file (org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.settings)
-  remote repositories (org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories)

Once I restored the default repositories (specifically http://repo1.maven.org/maven2) to that org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories list, the mvn URL I attempted to add was able resolve.

It sounds like that yours was working and then, after changing the network connection, it no longer worked.  Is your new network connection behind a proxy?  That is something that can be configured in that same file.

It sounds like something is preventing you from hitting one of those external repositories.