features-maven-plugin to include current artifact but not dependencies

features-maven-plugin to include current artifact but not dependencies

Martin Studer
Hi all,

I've been looking into generating a features.xml file using the features-maven-plugin (version 2.2.5). More specifically, I would like to generate a features.xml file for the current artifact but not its dependencies. I found the following thread that discusses this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@servicemix.apache.org/msg09055.html

Apparently, an issue has been logged here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-47 (status open)

After some more investigation - after editing the POM in Eclipse - I however found that there are options includeProject & includeDependencies. I tried the following configuration to achieve what I want, but that doesn't seem to work:
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.karaf.tooling</groupId>
        <artifactId>features-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>2.2.5</version>
          <executions>
            <execution>
              <id>generate-features-xml</id>
              <phase>generate-resources</phase>
              <goals>
                <goal>generate-features-xml</goal>
              </goals>
              <configuration>
              	<karafVersion>2.2.4</karafVersion>
            	<includeProject>true</includeProject>
                <includeDependencies>false</includeDependencies>
                <outputFile>target/features.xml</outputFile>
              </configuration>
            </execution>
          </executions>
        </plugin>

It looks like the includeProject & includeDependencies options are ignored.

If someone could shed some light on how this could be achieved that would be great.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Martin

Re: features-maven-plugin to include current artifact but not dependencies

Martin Studer
Should I probably be using the new karaf-maven-plugin instead? Is there some documentation available for it?

Regards,
Martin