intermittent "unknown protocol: blueprint" errors on startup

intermittent "unknown protocol: blueprint" errors on startup

Jesse White
Hi,

We have some features that use Blueprint which are included in the
featuresBoot and we've been noticing that these fail to load
intermittently on startup.

When it fails, we get a 'java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unknown
protocol: blueprint' when installing the 'scv' feature. See attached for
the complete karaf.log.

In 'org.apache.karaf.features.cfg' we have:
featuresBoot = \
    (aries-blueprint, \
    deployer), \
    instance/4.2.6, \
    package/4.2.6, \
    log/4.2.6, \
    scv/25.0.0.SNAPSHOT, \
    ssh/4.2.6, \

From what I understand the 'aries-blueprint' should be installed and
available before the 'scv' feature is installed, but this doesn't always
appear to be the case.

Any ideas/suggestions to help fix or work around this?

Thanks,
Jesse

karaf.blueprint.error.log (19K) Download Attachment

Re: intermittent "unknown protocol: blueprint" errors on startup

Why not started SCV features after core features ?

Like this :

featuresBoot = \
(aries-blueprint, \
    deployer), \
    instance/4.2.6, \
    package/4.2.6, \
    log/4.2.6,
    ssh/4.2.6, \
    ...), \
    scv/25.0.0.SNAPSHOT, \

regards,

François
[hidden email]

Le 12/07/2019 à 18:19, Jesse White a écrit :
> (aries-blueprint, \
>     deployer), \
>     instance/4.2.6, \
>     package/4.2.6, \
>     log/4.2.6, \
>     scv/25.0.0.SNAPSHOT, \
>     ssh/4.2.6, \
François Papon
fpapon@apache.org
Yupiik - https://www.yupiik.com

Re: intermittent "unknown protocol: blueprint" errors on startup

Jesse White
Looks like we were using the 'karaf-maven-plugin' to generate the
featuresBoot:

https://github.com/OpenNMS/opennms/blob/opennms-24.1.1-1/container/shared/pom.xml#L70

I'll try building it manually and reorganizing it as you suggested.

Thanks,
Jesse

On 2019-07-12 1:00 p.m., Jesse White wrote:
> I'll try building it manually and reorganizing it as you suggested.

Features have been re-organized now, with the "core" features being
installed first:

https://github.com/OpenNMS/opennms/blob/bec4abd8e1e75d5a2e23d6b02fc7d93c0414902c/container/shared/src/main/filtered-resources/etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg#L34

but the issue still persists - we are still getting the
"IllegalStateException: Unknown protocol: blueprint" errors intermittently.

Log attached.

Thanks again,
Jesse

karaf.blueprint.error.log (72K) Download Attachment