karaf-maven-plugin doesn't fail on feature name typo

karaf-maven-plugin doesn't fail on feature name typo

lechlukasz

Hello,

I’ve noticed that the container built with maven-karaf-plugin (4.2.4)  “doesn’t work” without any error message.

After the inspection I’ve noticed that one of my features is not installed.

The name of the feature was misspelled.

The problem is, that maven build has not failed.

It looks like you can write in bootFeatures anything you like, and non-existing features will be simply ignored.

Is this somehow a defined behavior that there’s no validation, or it’s a bug?

Best regards,

Lukasz Lech

Re: karaf-maven-plugin doesn't fail on feature name typo

Do you use karaf:verify on your features ?

On 04/06/2019 16:37, Lukasz Lech wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I’ve noticed that the container built with maven-karaf-plugin (4.2.4)
>  “doesn’t work” without any error message.
>
> After the inspection I’ve noticed that one of my features is not installed.
>
> The name of the feature was misspelled.
>

> The problem is, that maven build has not failed.
>

> It looks like you can write in bootFeatures anything you like, and
> non-existing features will be simply ignored.
>

> Is this somehow a defined behavior that there’s no validation, or it’s a
> bug?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Lukasz Lech

Re: karaf-maven-plugin doesn't fail on feature name typo

lechlukasz
mvn karaf:verify doesn't fail when referring non-existing features.

It is inconsistent, because if I give non-existing bootRepository, the mvn
verify will fail, however the non-existing bootFeature will be silently
ignored.

Re: karaf-maven-plugin doesn't fail on feature name typo

Agree, it should be improved.

Let me create the Jira and fix that.

On 05/06/2019 11:26, lechlukasz wrote:

> mvn karaf:verify doesn't fail when referring non-existing features.
>
> It is inconsistent, because if I give non-existing bootRepository, the mvn
> verify will fail, however the non-existing bootFeature will be silently
> ignored.

Re: karaf-maven-plugin doesn't fail on feature name typo

Hi Lukasz,

FYI, I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-6320 about this.

The problem is about the pattern matching (it's possible to use regex to
select features). If the pattern doesn't match, we don't do anything as
it could be matched by another pattern.
I will improve this.