remote deploy to cave via gradle, or jenkins?

remote deploy to cave via gradle, or jenkins?

Simon Huebner
Hi,
I'm looking for a way to upload a bundle to a cave installation using
gradle/jenkins.
I have already tried the possibilities described on
http://karaf.apache.org/manual/cave/latest-4/#_http_wrapper_service.

The maven wrapper seems to grant read-only access, at least publishing
via the gradle maven-publish plugin doesn't work.

Access via the REST wrapper returns an error message:
JAXBException occurred : com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory not found by
org.apache.karaf.cave.server.rest [65].
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory not found by
org.apache.karaf.cave.server.rest [65].

Is there an example of how to upload a bundle to a remote cave via
Jenkins, or gradle?

Kind regards,
Simon

--
Simon Huebner, M.Sc.
Information Technology
[hidden email]
http://www.ise.fraunhofer.de

Re: remote deploy to cave via gradle, or jenkins?

This part is for OSGi Repository.

You can use the Cave Maven repository, and then you can use the "classy"
mvn deploy:deploy-file or gradle or any http client.

On 07/09/2018 09:49, Simon Huebner wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm looking for a way to upload a bundle to a cave installation using
> gradle/jenkins.
> I have already tried the possibilities described on
> http://karaf.apache.org/manual/cave/latest-4/#_http_wrapper_service.
>
> The maven wrapper seems to grant read-only access, at least publishing
> via the gradle maven-publish plugin doesn't work.
>
> Access via the REST wrapper returns an error message:
> JAXBException occurred : com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory not found by
> org.apache.karaf.cave.server.rest [65].
> com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory not found by
> org.apache.karaf.cave.server.rest [65].
>
> Is there an example of how to upload a bundle to a remote cave via
> Jenkins, or gradle?
>
> Kind regards,
> Simon

Re: remote deploy to cave via gradle, or jenkins?

For the Rest feature, the next release of Cave is under vote and
contains some fixes about this.

regards,

François Papon
[hidden email]

Le 07/09/2018 à 11:49, Simon Huebner a écrit :

> Hi,
> I'm looking for a way to upload a bundle to a cave installation using
> gradle/jenkins.
> I have already tried the possibilities described on
> http://karaf.apache.org/manual/cave/latest-4/#_http_wrapper_service.
>
> The maven wrapper seems to grant read-only access, at least publishing
> via the gradle maven-publish plugin doesn't work.
>
> Access via the REST wrapper returns an error message:
> JAXBException occurred : com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory not found
> by org.apache.karaf.cave.server.rest [65].
> com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory not found by
> org.apache.karaf.cave.server.rest [65].
>
> Is there an example of how to upload a bundle to a remote cave via
> Jenkins, or gradle?
>
> Kind regards,
> Simon

François Papon
fpapon@apache.org
Yupiik - https://www.yupiik.com

Re: remote deploy to cave via gradle, or jenkins?

Simon Huebner

you can give me an example?
When I use Gradle to upload an artifact via maven wrapper service I get
the following error message:
Could not PUT
'http://localhost:8181/cave/maven/de/fraunhofer/ise/project1-sample/1.1/project1-sample-1.1.jar

The rest wrapper does not work for me as you can see in my inital mail.

Kind regards,
Simon

--
Simon Huebner, M.Sc.
Information Technology
Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme ISE
Heidenhofstrasse 2, 79110 Freiburg, Germany
Phone: +49(0)761/4588-5695  Fax: +49(0)761/4588-9123
[hidden email]
http://www.ise.fraunhofer.de

Re: remote deploy to cave via gradle, or jenkins?

The repository is missing.

Cave is able to deal with several repositories.

So, first, you have to create the repository:

karaf@root()> cave:repository-create foo

And then, your repository is available as Maven repository on the
following URL:

http://localhost:8181/cave/maven/foo

On 11/09/2018 10:43, Simon Huebner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> you can give me an example?
> When I use Gradle to upload an artifact via maven wrapper service I get
> the following error message:
> Could not PUT
> 'http://localhost:8181/cave/maven/de/fraunhofer/ise/project1-sample/1.1/project1-sample-1.1.jar
>

> The rest wrapper does not work for me as you can see in my inital mail.
>
> Kind regards,
> Simon
>
> Am 2018-09-07 09:53, schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofré:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This part is for OSGi Repository.
>>
>> You can use the Cave Maven repository, and then you can use the "classy"
>> mvn deploy:deploy-file or gradle or any http client.

>> On 07/09/2018 09:49, Simon Huebner wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm looking for a way to upload a bundle to a cave installation using
>>> gradle/jenkins.
>>> I have already tried the possibilities described on
>>> http://karaf.apache.org/manual/cave/latest-4/#_http_wrapper_service.
>>>
>>> The maven wrapper seems to grant read-only access, at least publishing
>>> via the gradle maven-publish plugin doesn't work.
>>>
>>> Access via the REST wrapper returns an error message:
>>> JAXBException occurred : com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory not found by
>>> org.apache.karaf.cave.server.rest [65].
>>> com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory not found by
>>> org.apache.karaf.cave.server.rest [65].
>>>
>>> Is there an example of how to upload a bundle to a remote cave via
>>> Jenkins, or gradle?
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Simon

Re: remote deploy to cave via gradle, or jenkins?

jbonofre
Sorry, the URL is:

http://localhost:8181/cave/maven/repositories/foo

(to avoid issue with the Maven proxy deployed on
http://localhost:8181/cave/maven/proxy)

> The repository is missing.
>
> Cave is able to deal with several repositories.
>
> So, first, you have to create the repository:
>
> karaf@root()> cave:repository-create foo
>
> And then, your repository is available as Maven repository on the
> following URL:
>
> http://localhost:8181/cave/maven/foo

> On 11/09/2018 10:43, Simon Huebner wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> you can give me an example?
>> When I use Gradle to upload an artifact via maven wrapper service I get
>> the following error message:
>> Could not PUT
>> 'http://localhost:8181/cave/maven/de/fraunhofer/ise/project1-sample/1.1/project1-sample-1.1.jar
>>

>> The rest wrapper does not work for me as you can see in my inital mail.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Simon
>>
>> Am 2018-09-07 09:53, schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofré:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This part is for OSGi Repository.
>>>
>>> You can use the Cave Maven repository, and then you can use the "classy"
>>> mvn deploy:deploy-file or gradle or any http client.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB

Re: remote deploy to cave via gradle, or jenkins?

Simon Huebner
Hallo,
thanks for your reply.
I have a repository, but the manual doesn't describe it that way.

For testing purpose I have created the repo foo and upload
commons-lang-2.6.jar.
Neither of the two options work: (HTTP ERROR 404)

Official Documentation:
http://localhost:8181/cave/maven/commons-lang/commons-lang/2.6/commons-lang-2.6.jar

Your URL:
http://localhost:8181/cave/maven/repositories/foo/commons-lang/commons-lang/2.6/commons-lang-2.6.jar

Kind Regards,
Simon

--
Simon Huebner, M.Sc.
Information Technology
Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme ISE
Heidenhofstrasse 2, 79110 Freiburg, Germany
Phone: +49(0)761/4588-5695  Fax: +49(0)761/4588-9123
[hidden email]
http://www.ise.fraunhofer.de

Re: remote deploy to cave via gradle, or jenkins?

the documentation is up to date:

http://karaf.apache.org/manual/cave/latest-4/#_maven_wrapper_service

See the URL:

http://localhost:8181/cave/maven/repositories/my-repository

On 11/09/2018 11:32, Simon Huebner wrote:

> Hallo,
> thanks for your reply.
> I have a repository, but the manual doesn't describe it that way.
>
> For testing purpose I have created the repo foo and upload
> commons-lang-2.6.jar.
> Neither of the two options work: (HTTP ERROR 404)
>
> Official Documentation:
> http://localhost:8181/cave/maven/commons-lang/commons-lang/2.6/commons-lang-2.6.jar
>

> Your URL:
> http://localhost:8181/cave/maven/repositories/foo/commons-lang/commons-lang/2.6/commons-lang-2.6.jar
>

> Kind Regards,
> Simon
>
> Am 2018-09-11 11:04, schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofré:
>> Sorry, the URL is:
>>
>> http://localhost:8181/cave/maven/repositories/foo
>>
>> (to avoid issue with the Maven proxy deployed on
>> http://localhost:8181/cave/maven/proxy)

>> On 11/09/2018 10:56, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The repository is missing.
>>>
>>> Cave is able to deal with several repositories.
>>>
>>> So, first, you have to create the repository:
>>>
>>> karaf@root()> cave:repository-create foo
>>>
>>> And then, your repository is available as Maven repository on the
>>> following URL:
>>>
>>> http://localhost:8181/cave/maven/foo
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB

Re: remote deploy to cave via gradle, or jenkins?

Which Cave version are you using ?

My point was for Cave 4.1.1.

Anyway, how did you upload commons-lang ? Using Maven (using Maven
coordinates), for instance using mvn deploy:deploy-file ?

On 11/09/2018 11:32, Simon Huebner wrote:

> Hallo,
> thanks for your reply.
> I have a repository, but the manual doesn't describe it that way.
>
> For testing purpose I have created the repo foo and upload
> commons-lang-2.6.jar.
> Neither of the two options work: (HTTP ERROR 404)
>
> Official Documentation:
> http://localhost:8181/cave/maven/commons-lang/commons-lang/2.6/commons-lang-2.6.jar
>

> Your URL:
> http://localhost:8181/cave/maven/repositories/foo/commons-lang/commons-lang/2.6/commons-lang-2.6.jar
>

> Kind Regards,
> Simon
>
> Am 2018-09-11 11:04, schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofré:
>> Sorry, the URL is:
>>
>> http://localhost:8181/cave/maven/repositories/foo
>>
>> (to avoid issue with the Maven proxy deployed on
>> http://localhost:8181/cave/maven/proxy)

>> On 11/09/2018 10:56, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The repository is missing.
>>>
>>> Cave is able to deal with several repositories.
>>>
>>> So, first, you have to create the repository:
>>>
>>> karaf@root()> cave:repository-create foo
>>>
>>> And then, your repository is available as Maven repository on the
>>> following URL:
>>>
>>> http://localhost:8181/cave/maven/foo
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB

Re: remote deploy to cave via gradle, or jenkins?

By the way,

1. you can check the content of your repository in data/cave/foo

2. you can see the servlet binding for the Maven wrapper using http:list
command