what is the Purpose of handling HUP signal in Karaf

what is the Purpose of handling HUP signal in Karaf

Vikram Darsi
This post was updated on .
Hi Team

Using Karaf 4.2.6

Want to understand why karaf listens to HUP signal? and why is it handled to
generate dump-<date>.zip
files?

One more observation in karaf 4.2.6
1. the time when the dump-<date>.zip is generated in KARAF_HOME folder,
there is also a file in KARAF_TMP folder with name heapdump*.prof. Over a
period of time the disk space is completely occupied with the files.

We are yet to understand who is sending HUP signals to our application
running on Karaf.

Is there a way to disable the diagnostic boot feature? diagnostic core would
be enough for our application.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Vikram